The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Drew Shore [1 year x 600k]

Visp

16 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Finally, showing the hypocrisy of tankists.

What's the hyprocrisy the only looney bins I hear wanting the Canucks to win is you and your band of Willie Watchers.

They guys against splitting up the Sedins to experiment or playing young guys big minutes to show what they can do.

Must be a lonely group of yous.

Even Don Taylor sees the light now and says the whole making the playoffs business is done. He says bring up the kids like Subban sign Boeser it you can give Boucher some games.

Give the fans something to cheer for and hope for next year.

Instead of riding the vets that are tried and injured like Sutter and playing grinders like Shore and Megnas and Chaput in hopes of squeaking out boring 1 goal wins.

Most fans rather see a 6-3 loss IF Goldy and Boucher are scoring or they get to watch Boeser or Subbans debut to get a more clear idea of what they look like at the NHL level.

But continue spewing the kids have to earn it... watch the losses mount because Karma is wrecking the vets so the kids are forced to play despite Willie ever stubborn refusing to concede the playoffs and lossen the leash a little.

35 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Instead of riding the vets that are tried and injured like Sutter and playing grinders like Shore and Megnas and Chaput in hopes of squeaking out boring 1 goal wins.

I agree 100%. 

I went to the Islanders and Penguins games and they were both boring, low event games. It was quiet in the arena, and empty vs the Islanders. No one is willing to pay money to see Chaput, Skille and Megna. I would however pay full price to see the kids in the line up and play more than 6 mins a night. 

It's just funny how Linden and Benning said we couldn't handle a rebuild a few years back when most fans were crying for it, rather than spending years in mediocrity. Only up until recently have we been sellers of veteran players for prospects/youthful talent.

We've been begging to see the young kids play and get experience, rather than plugs that won't have a job in 2 years.  Only now Benning says Willie is on board with getting our kids more ice time. How is it the fans seem to have better long term vision than the Canucks brass? 

16 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

What's the hyprocrisy the only looney bins I hear wanting the Canucks to win is you and your band of Willie Watchers.

The hypocrisy is calling for the team to tank, yet complaining when they play poorly and lose.  Li'l bit schizo, in fact.  Name-calling, presumptive labeling, and broad-brushing doesn't boost the value of comments either, btw.

Canucks aren't calling up any more players as Utica is in a battle to the playoffs.  And if you heard Benning yesterday, he said the kids will be getting more ice-time, so the jets can be cooled.

15 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

I agree 100%. 

I went to the Islanders and Penguins games and they were both boring, low event games. It was quiet in the arena, and empty vs the Islanders. No one is willing to pay money to see Chaput, Skille and Megna. I would however pay full price to see the kids in the line up and play more than 6 mins a night. 

It's just funny how Linden and Benning said we couldn't handle a rebuild a few years back when most fans were crying for it, rather than spending years in mediocrity. Only up until recently have we been sellers of veteran players for prospects/youthful talent.

We've been begging to see the young kids play and get experience, rather than plugs that won't have a job in 2 years.  Only now Benning says Willie is on board with getting our kids more ice time. How is it the fans seem to have better long term vision than the Canucks brass? 

Two words: Francesco Aquilini. All he cares about is money. 

On 3/14/2017 at 3:26 PM, Brad Marchand said:

Is this thread about Drew Shore or is it just another extension of some "Should we fire WD?" thread where nobody can argue their points without resorting to childish insults?

Seriously, most of you are adults so start acting like it.

Coming from Brad Marchand you know you done messed up.

Shore people - even if it means this thread dies.

On 3/14/2017 at 11:11 PM, Chip Kelly said:

They guys against splitting up the Sedins to experiment or playing young guys big minutes to show what they can do.

Must be a lonely group of yous.

Even Don Taylor sees the light now and says the whole making the playoffs business is done. He says bring up the kids like Subban sign Boeser it you can give Boucher some games.

Give the fans something to cheer for and hope for next year.

Most fans rather see a 6-3 loss IF Goldy and Boucher are scoring or they get to watch Boeser or Subbans debut to get a more clear idea of what they look like at the NHL level.

But continue spewing the kids have to earn it... watch the losses mount because Karma is wrecking the vets so the kids are forced to play despite Willie ever stubborn refusing to concede the playoffs and lossen the leash a little.

Full agreed, Like we have anything to lose.

On 2017-03-15 at 3:21 PM, Hutton Wink said:

The hypocrisy is calling for the team to tank, yet complaining when they play poorly and lose.  Li'l bit schizo, in fact.  Name-calling, presumptive labeling, and broad-brushing doesn't boost the value of comments either, btw.

Canucks aren't calling up any more players as Utica is in a battle to the playoffs.  And if you heard Benning yesterday, he said the kids will be getting more ice-time, so the jets can be cooled.

Great point Wink, Utica is where its at right now. Tank north, push south. Its all kinda anti-climatic, there's really not much youth to showcase in the NHL at the moment, we're still icing the dregs from our powerhouse days.

TRYAMKIN ON THE POWERPLAY PLEASE!!!!

I don't mind seeing guys like Shore get a chance.  Haven't had a chance to see his game but it looks like he is reasonably involved.  I think it's worth playing him at center which I believe is his natural position and move Sutter to the wing since Sutter has struggled the last few weeks in most facets of play.

It's been a disappointing season for all Canucks fans, I would think (whatever "team" you're on), but right now, the silver lining has to be with the chance to see young blood get opportunities to step into larger roles.  The Sedins are still good but they should have been able to step back into a mentorship role.  If Bo can fill a #1A or #1B role while the rest of our prospects start to move up, then that should help to stem the bleed.  The team really needs a young top center to compliment or even exceed Bo, however.  At this stage, I'm content with watching the young players struggle a bit in new roles if it can lead to growth and a high draft pick.

4 hours ago, Western Red said:

Great point Wink, Utica is where its at right now. Tank north, push south. Its all kinda anti-climatic, there's really not much youth to showcase in the NHL at the moment, we're still icing the dregs from our powerhouse days.

TRYAMKIN ON THE POWERPLAY PLEASE!!!!

WAT? We have Tanev, The Sedins and Edler left from our powerhouse days 19 other players on the team have joined since 2011 with the majority of those being under 25. We have now had 37 different player play for us this year as well. Saying we have no youth and we're playing too many dregs is beyond ridiculous.

Archived