The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

I would think 3.5m X 3. He has shown that he has no problem being patient and playing his cards to get whet he want's and the be fair I think he is worth every penny of that so ya 3.5m x 3 sign the dotted line JB.

As they say in Russia. Contract signs you!

When does he become a UFA? 4 years from now? If so, throw  3 X 3 at him. If he improves a ton and becomes that Chara-lite many of us are hoping from him, we can pony up the cash then. If not and his offensive game never developed, but is still HULK smashing on our back end and causing grief for other teams night in and night out, still a RFA and we can bump his salary up to around $4.5-ish.

i would offer him a very similar deal to what we gave hutton. Let's see how he progresses over those two years and then commit to a longer term deal potentially. But I think his new deal should be no higher than Ben Hutton's bridge deal

Tryamkin is a year younger than Hutton, but is already a better player. Plus he's a monster of a human specimen.  He could easily demand a higher salary than Ben. I just pray that ownership/Benning doesn't cheapskate him with a lowball offer. I'd rather overpay him to keep him.  We have never had this kind of size and potential skill ever on the blue line. The team plays so much taller when he is on the ice. And when he uses his size in combination with his improved skill, wow.  He moves very well for a big  man. If he ever loses the puck to an opponent he can spin on a dime and go back at that player and more times than not, he is able to at least push the puck back out away from that opponent with his long stick + physicality.

1 hour ago, apollo said:

I think Hutton got over paid... Tram hopefully doesn't. 2 year 1.5 AAV is fair ... 

How many non point producing d-man are we gonna overpay? 

No. This guy is a big-time keeper as we move along. Don't piss him off with that $1.5 crap. Respect rules the day here.

44 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Tryamkin is a year younger than Hutton, but is already a better player. Plus he's a monster of a human specimen.  He could easily demand a higher salary than Ben. I just pray that ownership/Benning doesn't cheapskate him with a lowball offer. I'd rather overpay him to keep him.  We have never had this kind of size and potential skill ever on the blue line. The team plays so much taller when he is on the ice. And when he uses his size in combination with his improved skill, wow.  He moves very well for a big  man. If he ever loses the puck to an opponent he can spin on a dime and go back at that player and more times than not, he is able to at least push the puck back out away from that opponent with his long stick + physicality.

Benning knows what he has in Tryamkin, and he knows that every single other team in the league would jump at the chance to snap him up. Benning won't lowball him.

11 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hard to say but 3 years at 3 mil would fit with what Benning has done previously. It will be interesting to see if it has another KHL clause in it. I bet it does.

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

As negotiations work, it will probably be similar to Hutton. If tryamkin wants a khl clause, the value will decrease as it is more risk  to the canucks.

It's not going to be a 2-way contract, so there won't be a KHL clause. He will be making more money then he could in the KHL.

Archived