The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

surrounded himself with rookies

They had a Russian player with a wife that stayed over there, no interest in being here for last summer to workout... see ya later. I can't see him staying around for any team. But yes he did bring in a rookie GM and there have been some growing pains. I think another two years just to see if things get better or if next year is a disaster again, maybe next year!

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Give this punk 675k if he wants to come back to the NHL. 

Go rot in Russia. No class and entitled little boy trapped in a giants body. 

No respect. 

I agree and think that a player needs to be committed at all times to make it in this league. Nikita wasn't.

Just now, Westcoasting said:

They had a Russian player with a wife that stayed over there, no interest in being here for last summer to workout... see ya later. I can't see him staying around for any team. But yes he did bring in a rookie GM and there have been some growing pains. I think another two years just to see if things get better or if next year is a disaster again, maybe next year!

I recall this as the exact sentiment on here when Nonis got fired after 3 seasons.

The 5 year plan, Dave deserves to run his 5 year plan.

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

He did deserve more time. 

2004 draft:

Cory Schneider (yeah this past season kind of stunk but I think it's an aberation; star goalie)

Alexander Edler (yeah he's awful NOW, but in the prime a solid #2)

Jannik Hansen  (we'll certainly miss him - especially the Twins - next season)

2005 draft:

Luc Bourdon  (sigh....we'll never know how great he could've been....:()

Mason Raymond  (yeah laugh all you want about him holding on to the puck way too long, still put up respectable 2nd liner numbers for a few seasons)

2006 draft:

Michael Grabner  (took a while but he's a NHLer)

Then it got ugly heh....Still signed Willie Mitchell as a UFA & traded for Roberto Luongo.  To bad he virtually threw away so many picks on awful trade deadline acquisitions...

Don't get me wrong i was happy to move on from Nonis, i just have a hard time believing someone can build a cup team in three years. It's like firing Benning right now, sure there are mistakes and this year we finished 2nd last but after 3 years it's too early to tell what is going to happen. Is Tim Murray a good GM or bad Gm or is it just Eichel's bitching about coaching that got everyone fired.

8 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Don't get me wrong i was happy to move on from Nonis, i just have a hard time believing someone can build a cup team in three years. It's like firing Benning right now, sure there are mistakes and this year we finished 2nd last but after 3 years it's too early to tell what is going to happen. Is Tim Murray a good GM or bad Gm or is it just Eichel's bitching about coaching that got everyone fired.

Also of note is the fact that it appears ( based on actions ) that the mandate from ownership was to attempt to make the playoffs in those first 2 years of his tenure.

Sure he could have held on to Forsling, not traded for Vey, stuck with Bonino, not traded for Quads and a couple other very minor deals, but what would it have garnered us in reality?

We would have maybe 4 more prospects in the minors, Toronto still would have out tanked us last year and we would not have Sutter or Quads to move forward with as the team truly begins its rebuild.  We may have sold low on Hansen and Burrows as well. Right now Goldobin and Dahlen have way more potential that the handful of 2 round and latter picks he has traded away.

Had Edmonton had a couple players like Sutter, Quds, Miller Etc. they might not have been the horrendous tire fire they where for 10 strait years.

3 minutes ago, R35Godz1lla said:

Had Edmonton had a couple players like Sutter, Quds, Miller Etc. they might not have been the horrendous tire fire they where for 10 strait years.

They would if Dallas Eakins was in charge.

They took a HUGE wrong turn when they canned Krueger & went for Eakins....like Thelma & Louise driving off a cliff detour....

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT BOZO ALLOWED THIS TO HAPPEN????

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LET THIS GUY GO.

COMPLETE THUMBS DOWN ON THE CANUCK MANAGEMENT.

Should we have chained him to the benches? Figured out some blackmail material on him and his family?

He wanted to go home, for less money that he would make here, because he wanted to be with his family.

How horrible of him.

Maybe someone in Russia made him an offer he couldn't refuse?

Maybe Benning low balled him with his 2 year contract.

Who knows?  All I know is that this is a very disappointing move.  Pay the guy enough that he can bring his entire extended family with him if that's what it takes.

I listened to Benning's interview. He said they new this was a possibility that this could happen two months ago. Willie also said that he had a feeling that he would be fired two months ago.

Put those two things together and you have to wonder if Willies method of dealing with the youth is what got him fired.

LOL is everyone going to Kesler him now because he didn't want to stay here?

Canuck fans are the biggest babies in the NHL "ermahgerd he didn't want to play for our team I hate him now".

Why the hell would he want to stay here and waste his time for the next 5 years and become accustomed to a losing culture.

He has tons of potential and hope he does come back to the NHL some day.

Archived