The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

2 minutes ago, Patrick Kane said:

Lol, people are already willing to pay this guy 2-3M? He hasn't proven anything.

Exactly... he's had what 50-60 games under his belt? Even the Hutton deal was slight over payment IMO... at least Ben was on the scoreboard though... 

Anything over 2 mill for Tree is a joke IMO

I do think 2-3 million over 3 years is a bit much. Especially with the concerns of fitness level at the start of the season. But, thats my prediction on how it goes down. I love Tree, but he holds that almighty back to Russia card and personally i rather overypay slightly, than have him leave. 

34 minutes ago, apollo said:

Exactly... he's had what 50-60 games under his belt? Even the Hutton deal was slight over payment IMO... at least Ben was on the scoreboard though... 

Good Luck with that offer Apollo.

Lifetime credit at Vera's burgers

a few cases of vodka 

custom helmet (one that fits) 

i can see him getting the sbisa treatment.  I understand he's only been here for 60 games but I think this is a guy you have to sign based on potential.

if it takes a couple mail order brides then so be it.

13 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Lifetime credit at Vera's burgers

a few cases of vodka 

custom helmet (one that fits) 

i can see him getting the sbisa treatment.  I understand he's only been here for 60 games but I think this is a guy you have to sign based on potential.

if it takes a couple mail order brides then so be it.

Riff, now THAT's creative.

14 hours ago, BaerBoBoeser said:

He'll get a bridge - 3 years 3 mil AAV

year 1 : 2.75

year 2:  3.0

year 3: 3.25 

my guess - his agent will want him to have an oppty to prove out his game for a big payday/ Nucks will want him to show he's worth term

while he's shown great promise and looks and should be a big part of our future - both sides know as a rookie (ish) that's a pretty fair contract  as your second. 

13 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Hard to say but 3 years at 3 mil would fit with what Benning has done previously. It will be interesting to see if it has another KHL clause in it. I bet it does.

I think these numbers are on the high side. He does not have arbitration rights and, even if he did go to arbitration, he would not get a lot. Hutton signed for 2 years at 2.8 per. I can't see how Tryamkin gets as much as Hutton. And Benning does not seem to want to go long term with guys in this situation. I am guessing two years at 2.25 or 2.5 million per year.

2 hours ago, apollo said:

Zdeno Chara - $7M

Erik Karlsson - $6.5M

Point difference every year is huge. Why similar salaries? Different roles. One has a cup.

12 hours ago, BaerBoBoeser said:

So basically you agree, do you disagreed then walked the logic to my spot? LOL

He's not a normal rookie coming off an ELC - he's much further ahead given his experience and you pay a little more to give some love to ensure you keep him around next contract

Sbisa was paid 3.75 I think? He should see a slight discount on that, an if Sbisa goes to LV, his agent has more leverage given the Nucks need for size and toughness on the back end

Haha that's precisely what happened.

Tryamkin sure hit the jackpot with his ELC. What normally ends up being 3 years ended up being about a year and a quarter. 

There's no reason to be paying guys with that little experience $3M anually. However, due to the Hutton signing, Tryamkin will probably get close to that. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an identical contract.

1 hour ago, TILTMULLET said:

My favorite part of this thread is when people just make up their own nicknames for players and act like it will catch on. I've heard Train, Tree, Trym and Tram all in this thread alone.

Well Tree is an insult in Russia for a big stupid idiot. So probably not that one.

Come on, he's The Tram!

tramding+gif.gif

Although on the ice I heard Hutton calling to him "Nicci". That's most likely his nickname to his team mates.

5 hours ago, JamesB said:

I think these numbers are on the high side. He does not have arbitration rights and, even if he did go to arbitration, he would not get a lot. Hutton signed for 2 years at 2.8 per. I can't see how Tryamkin gets as much as Hutton. And Benning does not seem to want to go long term with guys in this situation. I am guessing two years at 2.25 or 2.5 million per year.

Ah good comp - didn't realize that's what Hutton signed for -100% agree with your comments

Archived