The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much will it take to sign Tryamkin?

iceman64

17 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Give him the Sbisa contract.

Your assuming Sbisa is gone...  we'll see hey? Lots of teams have good D for LV to choose from so who knows right?  You know same for the rest of the team really, how many players on 29 other teams are there to get 23 players? the math is simple so we might not even get touched at all...

8 hours ago, apollo said:

Exactly... he's had what 50-60 games under his belt? Even the Hutton deal was slight over payment IMO... at least Ben was on the scoreboard though... 

Anything over 2 mill for Tree is a joke IMO

For real?  seriously?  The guy has talent and has been put up against some pretty potent NHL forwards and not looked out of place AND the guy 6'7 can run over you!  Where exactly do you find that?  If Benning and other's call him a future top pairing D then paying crap isn't an option and won't happen PLUS He makes the team bigger which everyone knows we lack so it's not as simple as you put it. If he was a standard sized 6' then i'd agree with you (to a degree) but that's hardly the case. 6'7 decently skilled player's don't just fall off trees (scuse the pun again) when you need them, if we are to have a hope against the west division we NEED him and Benning knows it so if a bit of a over payment but reasonable is in order to keep him?  certainly!

Ok so the thing is with Bo too...  3.5-4?

Ok so there goes a good chunk or Miller's cap IF we let him walk...  k Mr Benning, what now?  I'm mostly a Benning fan but i think he screwed up on signing Louie E when we need a guy the size of Train to center the Twins and just park it in front of the net while the Twins do their Sedinery 2 on 2 because who could move a guy like Tryamkin from the front of the net?   Sounds like what the Hawks did with Buffy against Loungo, we had no one big enough to move him from out of the crease and he killed us...  can we PLEASE have the right guy with the twins since anson carter please????? 

10 hours ago, Rush17 said:

2.6 mill for 2 years.

This is about what I am figuring as well.  Good for both sides.  He gets a healthy pay increase, we get a solid (in more ways than one) guy for a couple of years at a decent rate.  And for both sides, it allows enough time to see what he is really capable of. 

4 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Ok so the thing is with Bo too...  3.5-4?

Ok so there goes a good chunk or Miller's cap IF we let him walk...  k Mr Benning, what now?  I'm mostly a Benning fan but i think he screwed up on signing Louie E when we need a guy the size of Train to center the Twins and just park it in front of the net while the Twins do their Sedinery 2 on 2 because who could move a guy like Tryamkin from the front of the net?   Sounds like what the Hawks did with Buffy against Loungo, we had no one big enough to move him from out of the crease and he killed us...  can we PLEASE have the right guy with the twins since anson carter please????? 

Benning signed Eriksson for more than just pairing him with the Sedins. They're close to being done here, so player movement and acquisition is being made with both eyes on the future. The elusive Sedin linemate was traded to Ottawa recently, although Granlund is proving to be an excellent choice.

Henrik and Daniel's linemate is no longer the top priority for this team from a FA acquisition or trade point of view. That is the past. If they do stay past their contracts (hopefully only on one year deals, at a fraction of their present salary), they'll be called up to provide supplementary scoring.

On 3/13/2017 at 9:32 PM, iceman64 said:

Your assuming Sbisa is gone...  we'll see hey? Lots of teams have good D for LV to choose from so who knows right?  You know same for the rest of the team really, how many players on 29 other teams are there to get 23 players? the math is simple so we might not even get touched at all...

Every team must lose 1 player, so LV will have 23 on its NHL roster plus 7 forming the core of its farm team

In my mind Adam McQuaid type money ($2.75 x 3) - at present the players seem comparable, though McQuaid is more of a known commodity. If he bombs it won't hurt that much, and would be a movable contract.

Hutton at 2.8 seems a comparison. I wouldn't go any more at this point for Groot.

The guys an absolute gem. Took a penalty and sat in the box PRAYING. Nobody takes a mistake as hard as him - like he takes it personally if he makes one error in a game. The more confident he gets the more he will throw his weight around too. I'll never get tired of seeing guys bounce off him. Has he even been taken off his feet this year?

Whatever it takes, sign him. I couldn't handle seeing him dominate the league like Chara for another team.

Technically his first full season with us, showing a lot of progress and potential but not enough to warrant too much yet.

Hard to find comparables because the unique size he has but you look at some highly touted dman around thr NHL but does have arbitration rights for this next deal which most likely he will do.

Ryan Murray got 2.85 for 4 years a bridge deal

Jake McCabe got 1.6 mil for 3 years also a bridge deal

Alexei Marchenko got 1.625 mil for 2 years

Brayden Mcnabb got 1.7 mil for 2 years who had arbitration rights.

Andrej Sustr got 1.45 mil for 2.

For Nikita who has made significant strides but still needs to make more id be comfortable anything between 1.6-2 mil.  Anything more is risky since he still has to show more.

4 hours ago, Davathor said:

The guys an absolute gem. Took a penalty and sat in the box PRAYING. Nobody takes a mistake as hard as him - like he takes it personally if he makes one error in a game.

This. The guy was sitting there kissing his crucifix. 

I believe it was the same game... he was on the bench and said something to Sbisa, and Sbisa made that face you make when you're thinking "wtf are you talking about dude, pffft "

Then the next shift Tryamkin went out and made a pass to Sbisa and Sbisa totally flubbed the puck and gave it away. After which Tryamkin smashed his stick against the boards behind the net.

He genuinely cares about what he's doing and is starting to call out some of his teammates methinks... (referring to whatever he said to Sbisa specifically)

You want as many guys like that on your team as possible. Who are not scared to call someone out while also doing whatever they possibly can to be better themselves.

You can practically feel it when he's out there. He wants to be "the man" so bad. And I see no reason why he couldn't be in a couple years. 

Whatever they give him, it'll be well worth it. 

Also, you need to remember that these guys get paid in USD

If he gets 2.75M its actually $3.66 Million CDN

That's a pretty swank condo in False Creek, a blacked out Escalade, and all the booze Shane O'Brien can handle when he stays the weekend. 

Benning won't be signing him, he will trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. He defied management's wishes by not reporting to the AHL and then made them look silly because he was right.

They will say because they don't have cap space because they have to re-sign Larsen and Gudbranson to healthy raises.

1 minute ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Benning won't be signing him, he will trading him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year. He defied management's wishes by not reporting to the AHL and then made them look silly because he was right.

They will say because they don't have cap space because they have to re-sign Larsen and Gudbranson to healthy raises.

barney_stinson_-_thumbs_up_gif.gif

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

:rolleyes:

Archived