The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jalen Chatfield | #63 | D

stonecoldstevebernier

On 9/20/2017 at 9:12 PM, WHL rocks said:

Two way Dman, can move the puck, solid defensively, calm under pressure, only knock is he doesn't produce offence. 

Sounds like Tanev 6 or 7 years ago when he was coming up. Not saying this kid will be at Tanev level but similar game for sure. This kid has a bit more edge to him. 

5 points in 3 games against other teams top talent is very encouraging on the offensive front. Not gonna over hype him but, it is very possible JB could've found himself another diamond in the making. Love his ability to find these guys. I don't think he makes the main roster this year but, I definitely, look forward to watching him develop in Utica.

Only way Chatfield cracks the Top 6 (and he'd have to be in the Top 6 to not get cut) is if there's an injury in the Top 6 in the next two games. My gut says Chatfield will be the first Utica call up this season and he could stick if Gudbranson is traded this season (as I suspect he will, since I won't be shocked if Gudbranson receives a big offer to return to Florida by Tallon next Summer since Tallon didn't want Gudbranson traded -- Rowe did).

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Jalen Chatfield | D
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chatfield plays a good game,. I like how he has showed in pre-season, will obviously return to Utica, but I think after the pre season with the Canucks his game and confidence will come up a step this year in the minors.

Strong, mobile,  fearless, heads up, all good characteristics..  if his confidence and swagger surface in Utica, we may see Chatfield again.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Chatfield plays a good game,. I like how he has showed in pre-season, will obviously return to Utica, but I think after the pre season with the Canucks his game and confidence will come up a step this year in the minors.

Strong, mobile,  fearless, heads up, all good characteristics..  if his confidence and swagger surface in Utica, we may see Chatfield again.

We'll definitely be seeing Chatfield again soon from all I've seen he could play at the NHL level now his game is that strong enough all around. I've been saying this for a while that he is a cross between Tanev and Stecher 2 dmen I think are hands down our best and if there's any difference it's that he plays a bit more nasty and stronger physically which I consider a huge bonus.

I'm completely sold that this kid has the skill, intelligence, work ethic and attitude to be a top 4 defenseman for us and I'm really looking forward to young Chatfield really helping our team win with that strong game of his!

This kid was an absolute steal by JB.

• Upvote 1

Kuzma has a recap of the cuts in the Province.  This is what Green said on Chatfield:

Chatfield, 22, managed one shot in two games.

“I like how he skates and reads the game for one year as a pro, a late developer out of junior,” said Green. “The golden question is is he going to keep on the curve moving up or plateau?”

14 hours ago, mll said:

Kuzma has a recap of the cuts in the Province.  This is what Green said on Chatfield:

Chatfield, 22, managed one shot in two games.

“I like how he skates and reads the game for one year as a pro, a late developer out of junior,” said Green. “The golden question is is he going to keep on the curve moving up or plateau?”

That’s a fantastic way for a Coach to show his support of this player..  He sees his strengths, understands his journey to this point, and is anxious to see his potential.

That attitude throws confidence into a young mans sails.

• Upvote 3