9 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

You do know that while Boeser is the top preseason scorer in the NHL with 6 points in three games, Chatfield is fifth with 5 points - in TWO games.

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/stats?category=SCORING

Was thrilled when Benning signed this kid coming out of the Mem Cup. Looking forward to his year in Utica. Stawns accurately pointed out that he was tagged a couple of times and pro experience should help that part of his game. 

On 9/20/2017 at 9:12 PM, WHL rocks said:

Two way Dman, can move the puck, solid defensively, calm under pressure, only knock is he doesn't produce offence. 

Sounds like Tanev 6 or 7 years ago when he was coming up. Not saying this kid will be at Tanev level but similar game for sure. This kid has a bit more edge to him. 

5 points in 3 games against other teams top talent is very encouraging on the offensive front. Not gonna over hype him but, it is very possible JB could've found himself another diamond in the making. Love his ability to find these guys. I don't think he makes the main roster this year but, I definitely, look forward to watching him develop in Utica.

Only way Chatfield cracks the Top 6 (and he'd have to be in the Top 6 to not get cut) is if there's an injury in the Top 6 in the next two games. My gut says Chatfield will be the first Utica call up this season and he could stick if Gudbranson is traded this season (as I suspect he will, since I won't be shocked if Gudbranson receives a big offer to return to Florida by Tallon next Summer since Tallon didn't want Gudbranson traded -- Rowe did).

....and there we go.  Sent down.  But I really like what I saw from Chatfield in the preseason.  He really came out of left... field.

• Upvote 1

Anyone have any updates on Chatfield? I noticed he is now playing top line RD in Utica. Would be awesome if he makes the Canucks

• Upvote 1

I am hoping that Holm gets a look yet this year in Vancouver. Utica is forming a nice core of young d-men with Joulevi joining them next year. Hoping MDZ is traded and Holm gets a look. 

• Upvote 2