The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jalen Chatfield | #63 | D

stonecoldstevebernier

4 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

I like Vilardi and Pettersson better than Middlestadt.

Middlestadt would be my 3rd overall pick based on what I've read, but I haven't seen any of these players live.  He sounds like he is a high end offensive centre with size who could replace Henrik.  Vilardi is also very skilled... I'm just not sure.  Pettersson is a safe pick with limited offensive potential.

20 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

Middlestadt would be my 3rd overall pick based on what I've read, but I haven't seen any of these players live.  He sounds like he is a high end offensive centre with size who could replace Henrik.  Vilardi is also very skilled... I'm just not sure.  Pettersson is a safe pick with limited offensive potential.

Limited offensive talent? What? The guy is an absolute gem. Look at some of his highlight clips on youtube, he's got a great toe drag move similar to one Bo used in junior.The only thing I don't like about Elias Pettersson is that he's a leftie. Mittellstadt is also a leftie and isn't putting up as good of production playing in USHL which is an inferior league to SWE-2, Petterson's league..

Jonathan Dahlen, our newly-acquired prospect from the Senators plays on the same line of Timra with Pettersson. 

On 2017-03-13 at 11:50 PM, stonecoldstevebernier said:

The 47 is already not including Brisebois and Juolevi though. We have 31 "on the roster" (including injured players) and 18 off the roster for this season which would make 49, but those two are subtracted.

You are right...I stand corrected.  Thanks for clarification.

• 2 weeks later...

The kid is also joint captain of the Spitfires with the other being Spitfires forward Addison which shows the leadership qualities he offers to the team and what he may bring to our team down the road for the Canucks. He's been as good as Juolevi tonight so far

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

...Looked like Tanev on the D. side of things and more aggressive on the O. side of things....

...could be another gem in the rough....

He looked good but lots of guys can look great as overagers. Looked good enough to be a solid contribution to Utica though and if were lucky a depth tweener guy.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Getting a look at Chatfield and Windsor tonight vs St John. He's on the first pairing with Sergachev. Both teams are stacked, I'm curious to see 2017 draft prospect Vilardi as well he's on the rw.

Oh crap I forgot the memorial cup starts this weekend!

He had a Grade A chance in the first 7-10 minutes when he was all alone backdoor on the rush but couldn't convert. Windsor scored on the PP a little later though.

It's been 44 days since the Spitfires last game but they looked pretty good, not a lot of rust. 

Chatfield had a good, but not outstanding game today. He jumped up in the play a lot and made some plays to hold the puck in. The Sea Dogs were really making sure they got a hit on him whenever they could, especially in the 1st period. It didn't look like he spent too much time in his own end and he moved the puck well for the most part. He had one or two times when he bobbled the puck but it didn't end up hurting him. After the game, the panel was talking about him being one of the best shot-suppression defenseman in the OHL. 

Of course, the highlight of his game was him in the penalty box. Someone with Twitter can probably find it.