The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can People Please Stand Up and Be Counted to Offset the Loud Anti WD Campaign on Here (DISCUSSION)

coastal.view

54 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i am weary of the anti WD noise on this site

he is no scotty bowman

but he is not the reason why the canucks will miss the playoffs this year

he has physical quirks which people seem to focus on and mock

makes me think half the crowd on here is still in highschool

WD has flaws and strengths as a coach

but he is the coach and should remain so until he actually does hold the team back

disagreements about his player deployment issues during games is fertile ground for argument

but that is not a difference maker to the success of the team this year

they have continued to play hard almost every game

and have produced to the team's ability overall

yet the attacks on him are often crude

many are distortions of reality

a repeated view by the anti WD crowd is he is basically useless

and when it is pointed out that young players have developed on here

the response is basically that they are talented and would have developed anyway

i strongly disagree with this and point to bo as the best example of a young player who was in fact brought along properly by WD

he has in fact flourished under WD

i find it somewhat bizarre about the conspiracy theories on here.. .goldy did not have the flu.. he was actually scratched by WD

i guess that is just a new acceptable approach to life in the trump era

but i find it distasteful

anyway . the point of my post is to buttress my view that the anti WD crowd

is loud and obnoxious overall

but is not the majority viewpoint

in how WD or the team is viewed by most fans (who likley have more patience with the transition that is occurring with this team)

speak up please

as i'm sure someone from the team monitors fans' views on here

as they likely do with the radio show with the talking heads that appear to feed this anti WD sentiment

I'm with you OP. Things like 4th line after an opposition icing are fair game but most of the garbage the pitchfork crowd drone on about is garbage to disgusting. 

I agree 100% with the OP

Especially the mocking of WD physical defects.  Like the inexcusable gum chewing of AV.

Willie is doing a good job overall. 

I could see a coach getting canned just because the overall fanbase wants him gone.... Just like nickels said.  

The next coach around the corner is always the better coach.... Until he's coach... Then it's the next coach who's the best coach. 

He's no Big Irishman but I support WD I think the players like/respect him and that says a lot considering the difficult task he has of trying to give the youth the best chance to grow while also trying to ice a competitive team. I think its a testament that he manages to get a consistent compete level from this group we have rarely been blown out this season some of that is how well Miller has played but I also think WD should share come of that credit. I don't think he deserves to be fired that is for sure. 

Who cares? I don't like or dislike Willie.

He's not bad but not great. I don't agree with his personel decisions but he is a very savvy systems coach. I think he would be a very good assistant coach.

I am not going to vehemently defend or attack him but in my personal opinion I would say if there's a better coaching option out there I would rather have them just not extend his contract.

21 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

JB is the most responsible for the season turn out, base on who is with the Canucks now

True but thats good then. We've gone from an aging team to a much younger faster team with more prospects. He's revitalized our goaltending and defence and now we just have to wait for the offence.

18 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

relax, the guy is a multi millionaire and doing for a living what only 29 other people are doing on the entire planet. No need to feel bad for him. 

When your team sucks blaming the coach, GM, players, zamboni driver, skate sharpener, stick boy or whining about the price of beer at games is all part and parcel. It's all part of being a sports fan. We're in a rebuild, this type of stuff will continue for several more years. 

totally, we are rebuilding, people don't have to watch this, come back after 3 years. Blaming others when you suck make you look silly

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

i am weary of the anti WD noise on this site

he is no scotty bowman

but he is not the reason why the canucks will miss the playoffs this year

he has physical quirks which people seem to focus on and mock

makes me think half the crowd on here is still in highschool

WD has flaws and strengths as a coach

but he is the coach and should remain so until he actually does hold the team back

disagreements about his player deployment issues during games is fertile ground for argument

but that is not a difference maker to the success of the team this year

they have continued to play hard almost every game

and have produced to the team's ability overall

yet the attacks on him are often crude

many are distortions of reality

a repeated view by the anti WD crowd is he is basically useless

and when it is pointed out that young players have developed on here

the response is basically that they are talented and would have developed anyway

i strongly disagree with this and point to bo as the best example of a young player who was in fact brought along properly by WD

he has in fact flourished under WD

i find it somewhat bizarre about the conspiracy theories on here.. .goldy did not have the flu.. he was actually scratched by WD

i guess that is just a new acceptable approach to life in the trump era

but i find it distasteful

anyway . the point of my post is to buttress my view that the anti WD crowd

is loud and obnoxious overall

but is not the majority viewpoint

in how WD or the team is viewed by most fans (who likley have more patience with the transition that is occurring with this team)

speak up please

as i'm sure someone from the team monitors fans' views on here

as they likely do with the radio show with the talking heads that appear to feed this anti WD sentiment

Humans always seem to need a whipping boy when things go wrong.  And CDC is no exception.  In fact CDC seems to need one more than just about anywhere else one might frequent.  And Willie seems to be the chosen whipping boy at the moment.  Unfairly in my opinion.  But speak out against the mob and you might get a pitchfork in the gut.

I agree, WD is not the reason why we're not going to make the playoffs (and that he's not Scotty Bowman).  In fact, he's probably the reason why we will end up winning more games than most experts expected.  That's what people can't admit, nobody expected this to be a good team this year.  We lost a lot of games, yes, but night in and night out the guys put in a reasonably good effort for Willie (in fact quite a strong effort on most nights) making for a lot of close games when they could have just looked at the predictions, banked their paycheques and mailed it in (and nobody would be the wiser).  GCG!

I think Willie is gone after this season, although he's not the reason that we've been losing.

Its a shame as we are finally starting to get back to a talent level that would allow us to push for playoffs, even though we're still a long way from being ready to really be a threat again.

Archived