The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yo whatchu listening to homie g? (HipHop)

Rate this topic

Generally I don't listen to rap, hip-hop, dub, etc, but when I do I like to go back to the first rap I recall hearing way back in the late 70's/early 80's (a few years prior to EXPO 86).

New York sound.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 2
8 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Generally I don't listen to rap, hip-hop, dub, etc, but when I do I like to go back to the first rap I recall hearing way back in the late 70's/early 80's (a few years prior to EXPO 86).

New York sound.

regards,  G.

Love it. So many parts of that song have been sampled. What a classic. OG stuff. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, RRypien37 said:

Epic song man. Prodigy's death has really hurt me. I can't listen to a normal song without thinking bout him. He was the one who really introduced me to PAC, Nas etc. The first ever full Hip Hop album I fully listened to was The Infamous. I liked all of the songs, every single song on the album I probably know lyrically, I would listen to it daily and still do. MY favourites being Drink Away The Pain and Survival of The Fittest because I loved Prodigy's verses in em. He was the first rapper I truly knew and like, from there I learned who Nas was in Eye for Eye, and PAC was from their beef. Prodigy taught me what Hip Hop was and introduced me to other rappers in the game and his music made a big impact on me.

• Upvote 1