The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Place to get taxes done in BBY or tri-city. Not HR Block.

Pepe Silvia

2 minutes ago, khay said:

If it's just your T4 plus few other forms like T5, then why not do it yourself? There are online tools like Simple tax (https://simpletax.ca/). I'm sure there are more tools.

I've done it before in the past when I had a single T4, this year I have quite a few other forms to claim and questions with paying back life long learning plan ect. I'd just feel better getting it done professionally. 

38 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Haha I hear so many others says "suggestions ASIDES from HR Block" too. I used to get them done there as teenager kid when it was simple. Didn't have major problems but I guess many others have?

From what I remember from last year, if you're return isn't over $200, they charge you $90. If it is over $200, they charge 15% of the first $300 and 5% for anything above that. Every year previous I had about $500-$1000 return, so I figured I'd get around the same. My return was only $50, so I ended up walking out -$40. If I had used a place with a flat rate, I'd at least probably break even, which is obviously better than paying. Assuming most places that charge flat rate is $50.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:44 PM, Pepe Silvia said:

From what I remember from last year, if you're return isn't over $200, they charge you $90. If it is over $200, they charge 15% of the first $300 and 5% for anything above that. Every year previous I had about $500-$1000 return, so I figured I'd get around the same. My return was only $50, so I ended up walking out -$40. If I had used a place with a flat rate, I'd at least probably break even, which is obviously better than paying. Assuming most places that charge flat rate is $50.

Isn't that just for their instant cash back return?  I did 8 years of taxes with them at once and definitely did not pay that rate. 

Archived