The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Fla

To Vancouver 

Nick Bjugstad

To Florida

2017 2nd Round Pick

2017 2nd Round Pick (clb)

Bjugstad has struggled with injuries this year and fallen down the depth chart.  Could be a good buy low option for us.  He's still young enough to fit with our new core going forward.

He has struggled this season, but has potentital. However, I wouldn't want to give two 2nd round picks for him. He's a great player, but his stats have dropped significantly this year. I like the way Benning drafts, especially in later rounds.

41 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He has struggled this season, but has potentital. However, I wouldn't want to give two 2nd round picks for him.

If someone offered you Bjugstad for 2 2nds you say yes and hang up before the GM on the other end of the line comes to his senses. 

7 hours ago, Fanuck said:

They'd want BoHo in return and that's a non-starter. 

That's like saying we'd want Monahan in return for Baertschi lol. 

Bo is worth alot more that Nick &^@#ing bjgustad. I know that. Benning knows that. Tallon knows that. You should know this.

43 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Bo is worth alot more that Nick &^@#ing bjgustad. I know that. Benning knows that. Tallon knows that. You should know this.

He said they'd want BoHo,  he didn't say we'd give'em to them.

Generally,  you'll reach for the stars and settle for Brisebois and a pick or thereabouts. 

10 hours ago, Fanuck said:

They'd want BoHo in return and that's a non-starter. 

People say we overvalue our players. This is a classic example of overvaluing the opposing teams player. The guy has 9 points this year. Yes, he had a decent season before, but 9 points gets you Bo? Our future captain? Come on dude.... 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think teams are respectful enough to stop asking for Bo, especially for a guy who is no better than Gaunce, don't you?

You aren't doing your job as a GM if you don't at least ask.   

You don't think JB asked other GM's about their BoHo's this year when we were (are) desperate for scoring? 

11 hours ago, J-23 said:

He has struggled this season, but has potentital. However, I wouldn't want to give two 2nd round picks for him. He's a great player, but his stats have dropped significantly this year. I like the way Benning drafts, especially in later rounds.

If you say no to that deal, you are even crazier than Florida accepting that deal.

On March 15, 2017 at 3:34 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Give them one of our defencemen? Tanev? Edler? Sbisa?

With Ekblad injured after another major concussion having a guy like Edler might make sense to eat up some big minutes for the team while Ekblad gets better. I would support a Edler for Bjugstad trade

Archived