The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT], Volume 48, Issue 70 - Canucks Vs. Stars, SNP

KyoNami

8 hours ago, mll said:

Ruff just called the 7-1 loss to Edmonton the worst game he's ever coached as a Dallas Star.  How his team reacts is going to be telling for his future as their head coach - his contract is up.  

And if they fire Ruff at the end of the season should we be interested? I know I'm a fan right back to the days he played for the Sabres.

I have many opinions about the deployment of players, that quote about "pushing" an injured Markstrom to return (dafuq?), tanking, Boeser joining the team for the last stretch once UND is eliminated, etc. etc.... but I'm not going to touch on any of those.

My only question: is Goldobin still alive?

And if so, can we please get a status update? Because I don't really see any other "youth" worthy of being played right now. The message is great, but who are we actually talking about here? Reid Boucher, the waiver pickup?

10 minutes ago, nergish said:

I have many opinions about the deployment of players, that quote about "pushing" an injured Markstrom to return (dafuq?), tanking, Boeser joining the team for the last stretch once UND is eliminated, etc. etc.... but I'm not going to touch on any of those.

My only question: is Goldobin still alive?

And if so, can we please get a status update? Because I don't really see any other "youth" worthy of being played right now. The message is great, but who are we actually talking about here? Reid Boucher, the waiver pickup?

He has a respiratory infection, will likely play again next week.

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Reid will have a longer look today with Bo line. Hope it clicks. 

goldy still out, JB said bad flu, but hoping for Tues.

He has to make the most of it. 

Benning just said that they expect Eriksson back next week on Tuesday or Thursday.  WD will probably want to have another look at Baer-Horvat-Eriksson re to see if it's an option for next season.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

How long does Willie let Boucher stay on Bo's line before Megna takes his place?

up to Reid I think.  work ethic was a question, consistency is another.  the guy is on his third team this yr. if he doesn't embrace it, it's his fault. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

up to Reid I think.  work ethic was a question, consistency is another.  the guy is on his third team this yr. if he doesn't embrace it, it's his fault. 

One period; one game; 10 games?  How long should a young player get to make his mark?  

Archived