The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT], Volume 48, Issue 70 - Canucks Vs. Stars, SNP

KyoNami

Seems like the "youth" message would have more to do with the deployment of players; ice-time and tougher situations. Benching all the veteran players is a little nonsensical. Some teams will still be playing tough Playoff style hockey leading up to the end of the season. We don't need a bunch of injuries to young prospects.

Still it will be nice to see different looks in some of the situations. No offence to the Sedins, but I would insist that they shorten their shifts and attack the net more instead of trying to tire out their opponents. It would be nice to have a deep enough team where rolling four lines is a reasonable option.

Canucks win 5-4.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!

We finally get to see the kids play more than the vets. Sedins are still great and all but they aren't the elite playmakers they used to be. They show glimpses that they are like with Granny the other night, but it's time to pass the torch and give the kids the ice time that they've deserved since mid way through the season at least

Just now, alfstonker said:

Boucher's average time on ice over 99 NHL games has been 12.49mins Willie has played him an average of 14mins a night over the last 3 games. Willie seems to be being more than fair.

Hes had some time, just not prime time. Let him play on the power play,let him play with Bo and see what he can do. I was more just referencing Bennings comments though

26 minutes ago, Heretic said:

13 games until the pain stops.

Go Canucks Go...

Or, only thirteen games of Canucks hockey until prospects in late August and training camp in late September, I suggest Canucks fans enjoy it while it is there to watch. If you're only looking at certain players for good or bad plays, then you're diminishing your own enjoyment of the game.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

30 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Can we call this one a must loose? Ug I hate tanking. 

We can call it a 'good no matter what' night and enjoy watching to see how the yutes do. Maybe some yutes will crash da net. Win da turd. Who knows. 

It will be interesting to see what Willie does on the PP. Everyone knows he's free to experiment. Lets see if he can. 

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Real excited for the game tonight, now that the kids have learned they need to earn their ice time, let's see if they actually get loads of ice time tonight and what they can do.

At what 27, would Megna be considered one of the kids?  I wonder how many minutes Megna gets tonight?

Archived