The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You, Thank You, Merci, Vancouver (Alex Burrows, The Players Tribune)

Bigturk8

Sounds like he really appreciates everybody in the organization, including a shout out to Aquaman.  Maybe, just maybe, he (Francois) doesn't deserve all the criticism that some fans constantly pile on.  Burrows makes it seem like the Canucks actually run a very good organization, from a business standpoint too.  I have no doubt that with a few more years in the rebuild, we will be back to being a strong competitive team in the playoff hunt every year.

Even though Alex Burrows did contribute big time on the score board there are always players who come along that add more on the 'heart & desire' side that ends up meaning more to a team. Burrows was that type of player from his first game! As much as Ryan Kesler is disposed by so many on here now when he and Bur came up to the Canucks they made it clear that the Canucks were not going to be the 'walk overs' they had been to that date. Do fans really appreciate the physical toll Burrows endured? He was not a big man. Did he ever waiver? No.

Recognizing what Alex Burrows brought to the Canucks over and above his scoring stats is critical to his true appreciation. It is why I rank him higher than Naslund and Bertuzzi in the history of the club.

While Naslund walked in free agency and signed with the Rangers Burrows waived his NTC and made sure his Canucks got a player they could build forward with. That was all Burrows.

Thank you for giving us years of memories Alexander Burrows. The joy you gave us on that 2011 playoff run will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Your contribution to this team will be felt for years to come, especially if Dahlen becomes an impact player and helps us win a cup. 

3 hours ago, Heretic said:

". Please don’t forget about me "

We won't Mr. Burrows...

That's exactly what I was thinking of when I read that. If someone mad a compilation of his best moments on and off the Ice to that song, I'd cry rivers.

Archived