The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You, Thank You, Merci, Vancouver (Alex Burrows, The Players Tribune)

Bigturk8

12 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

This is the Burrows pose we need to immortalize at Rogers arena some day. Firing off the arrow, damn I love it! Put her in bronze at the front gates! 

THIS IS WHAT A CANUCK LOOKS LIKE!

I could see that happening, plus it would be a fine looking bronze statue! 

1 hour ago, sxqhfeh said:

will retire #14 jersey

I don't know about retiring #14.  That's a big leap.  Definitely on the Ring of Honour though.  Burr was a class act and he is a great example of what someone can do if they give 110% every night and never quit - even when all the experts say it's impossible.  What a great read in the Players Tribune.  Thanks Burr!

There are no words to describe what BURR meant to me as a person first and as a player second.    I never stopped believing in him, NOT ONCE, NOT EVER.    AND I told him that more than once.   As a teacher, I hoped that my students would aspire to be like him.   I would explain to them this is where hard work gets you.   I always try to aspire to be like him - to be the best teacher that I can and then simply try to do more.    Each and every day at the arena I am always looking for him and it is hard, really hard for me to be there.   The first picture was taken at happier times and I was only aloud to have that picture because of BURR, but the last one was an emotional good bye.   THANK YOU Alex Burrows.  You will 4 EVER be a CANUCK 2 ME.   I can't wait to see him in Ottawa and once my teaching term is done that is where I will be.   

I hope one day his JERSEY is RETIRED, and I will be there FRONT ROW and CENTER . . .  Actually a bronze statue as another fan mentioned!   YUP, that would be the ultimate . . .

ALEX U are simply the BEST.jpg

My SOBBING goodbye.JPG

On 3/16/2017 at 0:31 PM, Boudrias said:

Even though Alex Burrows did contribute big time on the score board there are always players who come along that add more on the 'heart & desire' side that ends up meaning more to a team. Burrows was that type of player from his first game! As much as Ryan Kesler is disposed by so many on here now when he and Bur came up to the Canucks they made it clear that the Canucks were not going to be the 'walk overs' they had been to that date. Do fans really appreciate the physical toll Burrows endured? He was not a big man. Did he ever waiver? No.

Recognizing what Alex Burrows brought to the Canucks over and above his scoring stats is critical to his true appreciation. It is why I rank him higher than Naslund and Bertuzzi in the history of the club.

While Naslund walked in free agency and signed with the Rangers Burrows waived his NTC and made sure his Canucks got a player they could build forward with. That was all Burrows.

Nazzy had no choice - they were not bringing him back for any amount of money

and when people from other fanbases ride ya about loving this team   , or slanted eastern journalists talk crap ..    remember this 

We have a great franchise , and a tradition of players who wore their heart on their sleeves every night .

Alex , linden , and the twins are just a small example of the work ethic , community spirit and strength that fill me with pride over being a Canuck fan for life .  

One day we will bring that cup where it belongs ..  dont ever give up hope 

• -SN- unfeatured this topic

Thank you :)

The part where he describes his thought process during his first fight is very telling of the man and the Canuck he will go on to become.

Every minute since then he has acted as if he were a player playing on his last chance.

Go get that Cup, Alex!

Archived