Bigturk8

Thank You, Thank You, Merci, Vancouver (Alex Burrows, The Players Tribune)

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

This is the Burrows pose we need to immortalize at Rogers arena some day. Firing off the arrow, damn I love it! Put her in bronze at the front gates! 

THIS IS WHAT A CANUCK LOOKS LIKE!

I could see that happening, plus it would be a fine looking bronze statue! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sxqhfeh said:

will retire #14 jersey

I don't know about retiring #14.  That's a big leap.  Definitely on the Ring of Honour though.  Burr was a class act and he is a great example of what someone can do if they give 110% every night and never quit - even when all the experts say it's impossible.  What a great read in the Players Tribune.  Thanks Burr!

• Upvote 1

He played well and with heart, just his time here came to an end and we will not forget Burr!!!

I just want to say thanks Burr for the entertainment and after these playoffs you are off my list (out of the herd) now go show them Otta twat fans that hated the deal they got a good 1 :) 

Edited by CanuckleHorse

On 3/16/2017 at 0:31 PM, Boudrias said:

Even though Alex Burrows did contribute big time on the score board there are always players who come along that add more on the 'heart & desire' side that ends up meaning more to a team. Burrows was that type of player from his first game! As much as Ryan Kesler is disposed by so many on here now when he and Bur came up to the Canucks they made it clear that the Canucks were not going to be the 'walk overs' they had been to that date. Do fans really appreciate the physical toll Burrows endured? He was not a big man. Did he ever waiver? No.

Recognizing what Alex Burrows brought to the Canucks over and above his scoring stats is critical to his true appreciation. It is why I rank him higher than Naslund and Bertuzzi in the history of the club.

While Naslund walked in free agency and signed with the Rangers Burrows waived his NTC and made sure his Canucks got a player they could build forward with. That was all Burrows.

Nazzy had no choice - they were not bringing him back for any amount of money

19 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I could see that happening, plus it would be a fine looking solid gold statue! :unsure:

oh really? :wub:

and when people from other fanbases ride ya about loving this team   , or slanted eastern journalists talk crap ..    remember this 

We have a great franchise , and a tradition of players who wore their heart on their sleeves every night .

Alex , linden , and the twins are just a small example of the work ethic , community spirit and strength that fill me with pride over being a Canuck fan for life .  

One day we will bring that cup where it belongs ..  dont ever give up hope 

• Upvote 2

On 3/19/2017 at 0:11 PM, NEON.KNEE said:

I got misty eyed reading that and I am a cold heartless bastard

Hard not to eh.

The kind of player you NEED to win a Cup. Such a shame he couldn't do it here.

Alex you will always be a Canuck...just a terrible shame you never got to hoist a Cup here.  Maybe some day in the coming years you will share in one as a coach of the Canucks.  You gave this club your all and for that we are grateful. 

Edited by Johnny Shotgun

Vancouver will never forget you Burr, thanks for all of the memories. 

Thank you :)

The part where he describes his thought process during his first fight is very telling of the man and the Canuck he will go on to become.

Every minute since then he has acted as if he were a player playing on his last chance.

Go get that Cup, Alex!