The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You, Thank You, Merci, Vancouver (Alex Burrows, The Players Tribune)

Bigturk8

3 hours ago, Virtanen The Great said:

Good luck in ottawa burr! gave us some great memories. the ot goal against chicago still goes down as the happiest 20 seconds of my life. but where is the hansen appreciation thread? Huge unsung hero, and one of the most underrated players in the league for years.

Now go get in there and spread some love.  Go on now, git....   ;)

I love the underdog, always have.  Especially the ones that overcome the odds by sheer heart and commitment.  On the ice he put his team and teammates above all else, always.  Even to the point of doing some things on the ice that defy the definition of "appropriate behavior" in a fans or critics eyes.

He just lived in the moment and when the chips were down he just showed up ready for battle, you knew you could count on him. I didn't always agree with the heat of the moment action he took, but damn, under the circumstances I can't say I wouldn't have done it (or worse) myself. 

When I think of my favorite Canucks Alex is up there.  Real teams need people like him, heart and soul guys.  Loved his passion he will be missed.

Can we retire #14 on here some how? Still can't get over what a class act Alex was, is and forever will be. 

Anytime someone types 14 it should change to a goat emoji... or something that resembles greatness. Or any thread that gets to 14 pages, that page # should be something in his honour... ideally a goat. 

What I'm trying to get at is, Alex is the greatest of all time. Man I miss him..... :(

Just got A chance to read this article. What a tear jerker.  Burr was one of my fav nucks and provided me with one of my best hockey moments in 2011. Good to see all the love. And to all the backtrackers who hated on him for the last 2 years. I hope none of you responded to this thread. good luck dragonslayer 

Archived