Bigturk8

Thank You, Thank You, Merci, Vancouver (Alex Burrows, The Players Tribune)

Rate this topic

It is impossible to forget Burr, way to many good memories.

• Upvote 4

Oh man, if I didn't have to leave for work in 15 minutes, I'd definitely read this. I've never been so hyped to read an article. Looking forward to this after work.

• Upvote 1

Wow, well written and extremely touching.  Sitting in my office crying but definitely glad I got to meet him before he was traded.  Alex is a total class act and Ottawa is lucky to have him.

• Upvote 2

What a classy guy to recognize what Vancouver did for him and to say his heart will always be here.  (classy?  not what many fans and players around the league would think about him, LOL)

We should be grateful to Burrows for agreeing to a trade when he didn't have to.  It looks like a trade that benefited everyone ... Vancouver, Ottawa, and Burrows.  So happy for him that he's doing well in Ottawa.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing this, it was well worth the read. The legendary Burrows will indeed not be forgotten. Wishing all the best of luck to him and his family!

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

Man that made me all misty eyed.

Burrows may not have been born in Vancouver but he'll always be a true son of Vancouver. 

Best of luck in Ottawa Dragon slayer.

• Upvote 2

I rank Alex Burrows on my one hand of those Canucks who will always stay with me as players who were truly great Canucks. Linden-Bure-Smyl-The Twins-Burrows. Alex Burrows had that element in his game that cannot be coached there. He had a drive to win that carried him above the play. An ability to answer the called that so many more talented players did/do not have.

I will cheer for Alex's playoff drive with the Sens and wait the day when he returns to have his justly deserved ROH night!

• Upvote 2