The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on 1040 - March 16 2017

tybarber

I still find it interesting Goldobin has a bad case of the flu in non-flu season.... but it is what it is. He mentions he is looking for a true PP QB defencemen, I wonder what he considers Juolevi? I do think that you can never have enough defencemen, and as we've seen, teams pay premium for them. 

It was a good interview, typical honest Jim responses. I was impressed with Dahlen maybe getting a chance to play with the top club at the Worlds, that would be really great to see. 

I'm most interested in the potential drafting of another D... that sounds to me like Liljegren would be in the cards if we're lucky enough to drop to 4 in the lotto and Patrick, Hischier and Vilardi are gone. 

His statement regarding Markstrom is hard to believe.  Sounds more like someone trying to convince Markstrom that he will actually play, I don't buy it for a second though.  

Kids will play...except when Tanev, Gudbrandson, Skille get back..then it will be back to "stay competitive" "kids gotta earn it" "We want so & so to learn the system"

These guys are talking out their asses.  Say one thing do the opposite then claim that's what you meant.

1 minute ago, PLOGUE said:

His statement regarding Markstrom is hard to believe.  Sounds more like someone trying to convince Markstrom that he will actually play, I don't buy it for a second though.  

Kids will play...except when Tanev, Gudbrandson, Skille get back..then it will be back to "stay competitive" "kids gotta earn it" "We want so & so to learn the system"

These guys are talking out their asses.  Say one thing do the opposite then claim that's what you meant.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today!

I can't wait till the draft to see who we select and add to our prospect pool. 

Getting the returns he did for Burrows and Hansen is nothing short of amazing. If Boucher really works out then that's the same as "found money". With NJ suckin as bad as they are, I can't see why they just let him gowhile keeping aging useless commodities such as Cammalleri. 

Next hope tho is getting good returns for Edler and/or Tanev

I also hope now that with our expanding prospect pool that draft picks from here on out get given as much time to develop and not rushed. Let a 1st rounder play in CHL 2 years after being drafted. Even a full year on Utica. 

33 minutes ago, tybarber said:

I still find it interesting Goldobin has a bad case of the flu in non-flu season.... but it is what it is. He mentions he is looking for a true PP QB defencemen, I wonder what he considers Juolevi? I do think that you can never have enough defencemen, and as we've seen, teams pay premium for them. 

I can buy the Goldobin flu. Had a flu in March last year that knocked me out for 10 days. If it is actuall the flu and not just a heavy cold, it can take a bit to get going again. 

10 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

I think you must be projecting. I found JB to be very credible as usual. He has always struck me as being honest to a fault. Your post, on the other hand...

7 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I can't wait till the draft to see who we select and add to our prospect pool. 

Getting the returns he did for Burrows and Hansen is nothing short of amazing. If Boucher really works out then that's the same as "found money". With NJ suckin as bad as they are, I can't see why they just let him gowhile keeping aging useless commodities such as Cammalleri. 

Next hope tho is getting good returns for Edler and/or Tanev

I also hope now that with our expanding prospect pool that draft picks from here on out get given as much time to develop and not rushed. Let a 1st rounder play in CHL 2 years after being drafted. Even a full year on Utica. 

Boucher has one of the best shots on our team already, for me its more about him keeping up with Bo. We'll see, hopefully he'll have the ability. 

But if he does for sure restocking with Boucher, Goldobin and Dahlen, mabybe Boeser is a huge year for this team's development, and maybe even 1 more college guy to come. Sounds like they're going to try. 

TSN Radio Vancouver ✔@TSN1040

Benning: Coaches have to walk the fine line of being competitive, winning games and making kids earn their icetime

6:51 PM - 16 Mar 2017

Maybe now we can for once and all shut down all these theories about WD going solo with his distribution of playing time for the youngsters.

Seems very evident that they are totally onboard with what WD had been doing all along...

next yrs  poossible line up should be decent

baertchi horvat boeser

goldobin sedin rodin 

sedin sutter eriksson 

dorsett gaunce boucher

juolevi guddy

edler liljengren

hutton tryamkin

stecher

marky

new backup whoever they sign

tanev traded for a top ten first and a decent prospect 

sbisa  traded so we dont lose him to ed for a second and prospect 

draft liljengren and  a skilled forward or 2

32 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

With NJ suckin as bad as they are, I can't see why they just let him gowhile keeping aging useless commodities such as Cammalleri. 

Calamari's contract sure is dead weight - oh well,  their loss our gain.

30 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I think you must be projecting. I found JB to be very credible as usual. He has always struck me as being honest to a fault. Your post, on the other hand...

Yup, he got fined for being too honest for christ's sake

9 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

next yrs  poossible line up should be decent

baertchi horvat megna

goldobin sedin megna

sedin sutter megna

dorsett gaunce megna

juolevi guddy

edler liljengren

hutton tryamkin

stecher

:emot-parrot: