goldobin sedin megna

sedin sutter megna

dorsett gaunce megna

juolevi megna

edler megna

hutton megna

stecher

:emot-parrot:

I think I heard that megna is going to be playing right side d as well.

:ph34r:

22 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Don't think it is just the kids............unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn't JB also say he would not ask players to waive their NTCs?  JB is clearly playing a political role here.

Just the one I was thinking of when I made that post.

23 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Benning: Coaches have to walk the fine line of being competitive, winning games and making kids earn their icetime.

— TSN Radio Vancouver (@TSN1040) March 16, 2017

Bingo.  This is what most of the kids here don't seem to grasp.

While that theory is true, there are also the old Keenan/Torts types that would simply play a kid in all situations and the kid would show character, leadership, preparedness and the cajones to learn as he goes.

Make a mistake, send him back out there. On the ice while a goal is scored, send him right back out there. Kid scores a goal in the same game, kids confidence soars and he thrives and remains hungry for more.

Although not all prospects are the same, alot simply fizzle out, some thrive. Imagine if Virtanen had the same moxy as Horvat? We would be tripping over ourselves coz now we have THAT to go along with Boeser, Goldobin, Dahlin, etc....

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn't JB also say he would not ask players to waive their NTCs?  JB is clearly playing a political role here.

When u start a business & u got merchandise on the shelf for sale, Do u start out saying that we're not sure if these products are good to the customer? 

If they don't work well or sell well, do u just keep ordering more & keep carrying the product that just a few months ago u invested in?

No, U move on with something new & discount the other items until they are all gone... 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did he ask Hansen and Burrows to waive their NTCs?

Do you have any idea one way or the other?

What he clearly said was that they would sit down with all the vets and talk about what they want and the direction the team is headed.  Maybe just maybe it's possilble that the players who waived actually arrived at a consensus with the club. 

But carry on with dumb assumptions about politics.  It's more entertaining, right.

1 hour ago, tybarber said:
I still find it interesting Goldobin has a bad case of the flu in non-flu season.... but it is what it is. He mentions he is looking for a true PP QB defencemen, I wonder what he considers Juolevi? I do think that you can never have enough defencemen, and as we've seen, teams pay premium for them. 

Juolevi was always described as an "all around" defenseman, good at everything not great at anything.  I don't think anyone considers him a true PP QB.

1 minute ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Well we haven't seemed to have lost anyone of signifigance to waivers. Ya we lost Corrado but he seems so "meh".

Yah I remember when CDC was all up in arms about that waiver loss....

That should tell us a lot. Corrado was actually one of our only bright spots on Defence back a few years ago before JB took over.

I'd say he's re-stocked the defense shelf pretty well.

Tryamkin, Stecher, Hutton, Sbisa, Gubranson, > corrado

He mentions he is looking for a true PP QB defencemen, I wonder what he considers Juolevi?

Juolevi is not an offensive 'PP QB' D man. Neither is/was Edler. A lot of CDC seems to be VERY confused on different D roles/types...

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Did he ask Hansen and Burrows to waive their NTCs?

Do you have any idea one way or the other?

What he clearly said was that they would sit down with all the vets and talk about what they want and the direction the team is headed.  Maybe just maybe it's possilble that the players who waived actually arrived at a consensus with the club. 

But carry on with dumb assumptions about politics.  It's more entertaining, right.

Plus, not all things a GM says is for the benefit of the fans. Sometimes it's posturing or drawing a line to get fair value. Some people wanted Benning to announce the availability of all the vets, which would have driven down their value. The last two trade deadlines, with the refusal to trade Hammy for less than value followed by two decent returns, is a clear message to other GMs that easy pickings are over and done.

Key quote for the future came near the end:

"Going forward, when we get to where we want to be, we want a fourth line that's going to be fast and that can add scoring to our group so we have four scoring lines.  That's where we'd like to get to."

- Benning

This is how he envisions the team, with or without Willie as coach (although I think he ultimately wants the same thing).  Not a bottom line of plugs, grinders, or thugs, but FOUR lines of fast-skating players all capable of scoring.

51 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Benning: Coaches have to walk the fine line of being competitive, winning games and making kids earn their icetime.

— TSN Radio Vancouver (@TSN1040) March 16, 2017

Bingo.  This is what most of the kids here don't seem to grasp.

No, its grasped. Its just the line actually seemed to be a circle back to Menga too often in the top 6. 

But those days are done. Now it will be interesting to see what Willie does, or does not do, now that he's free to experiment. 

I still find it interesting Goldobin has a bad case of the flu in non-flu season.... but it is what it is. He mentions he is looking for a true PP QB defencemen, I wonder what he considers Juolevi? I do think that you can never have enough defencemen, and as we've seen, teams pay premium for them. 

Flu can also be shorthand for norovirus. It's a lot more polite to say he has the flu than constant puking and the runs.

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Key quote for the future came near the end:

This is how he envisions the team, with or without Willie as coach (although I think he ultimately wants the same thing).  Not a bottom line of plugs, grinders, or thugs, but FOUR lines of fast-skating players all capable of scoring.

If Jim can pull it off he can have my condo in Hawaii.......if I had one that is:lol:

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Plus, not all things a GM says is for the benefit of the fans. Sometimes it's posturing or drawing a line to get fair value. Some people wanted Benning to announce the availability of all the vets, which would have driven down their value. The last two trade deadlines, with the refusal to trade Hammy for less than value followed by two decent returns, is a clear message to other GMs that easy pickings are over and done.

JB's lack of movement last season TDL paid off big time this TDL. There is always a reason people, but I find it hilarious at times with the conspiracie theories here... 

I mean did ANYONE think we were getting a high end Prospect like Dahlen for Burrows a year ago. NO. Fact was that most here wanted him to be bought out of his contract. 

Also most thought Hansen would get us a 2nd or 3rd but again JB got us a little more than that & years ahead of the draft pick.

That's why I say let the GM be the GM...There's no way JB lets everything out of the tool box as we've seen now...(talks to WD on regular daily basis, supported WD's coaching, etc.)

59 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

next yrs  poossible line up should be decent

baertchi horvat boeser

goldobin sedin rodin 

sedin sutter eriksson 

dorsett gaunce boucher

juolevi guddy

edler liljengren

hutton tryamkin

stecher

marky

new backup whoever they sign

tanev traded for a top ten first and a decent prospect 

sbisa  traded so we dont lose him to ed for a second and prospect 

draft liljengren and  a skilled forward or 2

no Granlund?? And  what the heck is that D line up?

54 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

next yrs  poossible line up should be decent

baertchi horvat boeser

goldobin sedin rodin 

sedin sutter eriksson 

dorsett gaunce boucher

juolevi guddy

edler liljengren

hutton tryamkin

stecher

marky

new backup whoever they sign

tanev traded for a top ten first and a decent prospect 

sbisa  traded so we dont lose him to ed for a second and prospect 

draft liljengren and  a skilled forward or 2

Juolevi playing top pairing his first year in the chel? Really? Don't even get me started on the rest of that lineup...

Archived