The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Oveckin, Radulov, and Grigorenko accused of faking their age

Odd.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Anti Russian propaganda. Lol.

It's always been in hockey ever since I can remember and I've been following the NHL for decades. 

It's not really anti-Russian in these cases.  It's more of a they can pull it off better and easier than any of the western nations kind of thing.

I'm sure plenty of NA and European players would lie also if they thought that they could get away with it and that it would get them a better at getting them into the NHL.

I know a couple guys that lied on their age to get on football teams.  It's not as uncommon as you think, but they should go through a process to confirm their date of births nowadays.

PS- when I was 30, people thought i wasn't even 18, I got ID'd all the time when I went to pubs and bars with people, even had a bouncer say "hey you can't bring this kid in".

it's a juicy story no doubt.  It would be fun to share but unless there is some DNA proof it's kind of just fun speculation.  it would be a great way to cash in though.   it basically guarantees you a big pay cheque if u can falsify your age and earn an entry level contract and be half decent. 

this would be skillfully deceptive. props to them if it's true. that's next to impossible to keep the story straight.  this would be some Lance Armstrong type $&!#.  betman would just sweep it under the rug and let it slide. the nhl has invested too much into the Crosby/ Ovi rivalily 

On 3/18/2017 at 4:59 PM, WHL rocks said:

Anti Russian propaganda. Lol.

It's always been in hockey ever since I can remember and I've been following the NHL for decades. 

But is it enough to start a cold war?

On 22/03/2017 at 7:22 AM, BabychStache said:

Then there are the Swedes that seem to turn 30 on their 23rd birthday and sit there for 20 years. 

:lol: These damn Ruskis with their HGH and fishy age documents. They'll do anything I tell ya to stay in the league.

No wonder these Euros play longer than North Americans late into careers. They are not as old as everyone thinks they are.

We've cracked the case!!

Archived