The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baertschi & Granlund expectations

Sugar baby watermelon

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually I auditioned for the CHIPS show.  I would have got the part, but they said my riding a scooter was a no go.  :lol:

Haha.... well you could pitch a new CHIPS show and this time its called CHIPS the Senior edition where you bust Senior Citizens and your mode of transport is not the bike but a scooter

2 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Haha.... well you could pitch a new CHIPS show and this time its called CHIPS the Senior edition where you bust Senior Citizens and your mode of transport is not the bike but a scooter

Ya.  Set in a retirement trailer park in Florida.  

Just now, The Aquamen said:

Good Woman, she knows Cheers, how did ya snag a fellow Calgary an?

Met at UBC in the early 70's.  Alf played hockey.  Calgary girl ran track.  My scooter was fast, and she was impressed with speed.  

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Met at UBC in the early 70's.  Alf played hockey.  Calgary girl ran track.  My scooter was fast, and she was impressed with speed.  

Hahaha I Love It. You'd be a great guy to have  beer with. What position did Alf play?!  Was Alf a good skater?! The wife likes the Flames?! Hahah do we have some power shift?! ;)

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Button is apparently going to rank this kid in the to 5, and is supposed to be a potential PP QB so..... maybe. CDC might lose its nut if Jim goes D again in the 1st round, but given the winger depth coming (Dahlen, Boeser, Goldy, Virtanen) trading for a guy like Duchene or maybe even Nylander (I'll need to put away my lawn flamingo i guess) if TO desperately wants Tanev, I think the major rebuild pieces are in place and then its a matter of development time. 

8) Cale Makar - Defense - Brooks Bandits (AJHL)

One word could be used to accurately describe Cale Makar as a hockey player: electrifying. An explosive skater and effortless puck handler, fans hold their breath when Makar has the puck and a head of steam going up the ice. Can dissect opponents while in transition, either with his sharp passing or by carrying the puck himself.

Meh.

No point getting excited - it's a weak draft.

3 hours ago, CeeBee51 said:

Is Minny's Granny a first liner?  Our Granny might turn out to be better than his brother. Time will tell but he's closing the gap IMO.

It'd be a long shot for Markus to be better than his brother. The gap is quite far imo, and they're both different players, but I think Markus will be a very valuable player to us.

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually I auditioned for the CHIPS show.  I would have got the part, but they said my riding a scooter was a no go.  :lol:

You still have time. You can pitch "HiPS" and have a bunch of retired cops with bad joints on scooters fighting crime, or at least trying to sneak a peek during Flames games. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

You still have time. You can pitch "HiPS" and have a bunch of retired cops with bad joints on scooters fighting crime, or at least trying to sneak a peek during Flames games. 

German Shepherds have the same problem as Alf.  Hips.   Maybe there's a role for an old Littlest Hobo as well.

Ask yourself how much further back in the rebuild  this team would be if we never made those trades. Benning definitely deserves alot of credit for identifying and filing a certain age group that we were lacking. Both are awesome pickups and it is made even more rewarding knowing we got them from the Flames.

37 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Hahaha I Love It. You'd be a great guy to have  beer with. What position did Alf play?!  Was Alf a good skater?! The wife likes the Flames?! Hahah do we have some power shift?! ;)

Alf was an okay player.  It's nice to see the T-Birds on the rise again.  Luckily we had just got the Canucks back then, so Mrs. Alf (a Leafs fan growing up - yuk) was easily swayed from the dark side. :lol:

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Bang on.  Maybe in time we are good again, and have five other top six forwards to compliment Bo?  Then Baer and Granlund would be excellent third line players for us.

Virtanen Horvat Boeser

Goldobin Hischier Dahlen

Baertschi Gaudette Granlund

During the trading deadline was the only time I saw anything on moving either Granlund or Baertschi, otherwise most Canuck fans are comfortable with their progress.

Discussion did come up with too many of the same style and stature of players like Baertschi and Granlund that the Canucks have in the system and which of those would stay, simple discourse.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Alf was an okay player.  It's nice to see the T-Birds on the rise again.  Luckily we had just got the Canucks back then, so Mrs. Alf (a Leafs fan growing up - yuk) was easily swayed from the dark side. :lol:

Haha very random wasn't expecting a Leafs Fan?! Ms.Alf was a Leafs fans originally eh, interesting 

5 hours ago, CeeBee51 said:

Is Minny's Granny a first liner?  Our Granny might turn out to be better than his brother. Time will tell but he's closing the gap IMO.

Markus is closing the gap, but Mikael is separating it at a higher rate lol.

Hopefully Markus is a late bloomer like his brother.

Archived