The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] VANCOUVER CANUCKS @ EDMONTON OILERS | MARCH.18 | 7:00PM | CBC | THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE CUP |

J-23

19 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Tryamkin better personally injure McDavid, Talbot, and everyone else on the Oilers or else our genius head coach will put him on blast to the media again.

#FireWillie

I have generally been positive about Willie, even though I agree that his stubborness on deployment decisions has been a problem. But he completely lost me on his statements about Tryamkin against Marchand and Boston. For openers, most of the time Marchand was on the ice Tryamkin was on the bench. And the pivotal play of the game was when Marchand took the puck from Henrik, skated by Daniel (who was just watching the play) and went through Edler, who at least tried to check him (sort of). Tryamkin was on the bench at the time.

And blaming the loss on Tryamkin -- you know the rookie D who was one of the few guys on the team actually playing well, without bothering the mention the poor performance of the vets, of the many AHL-level replacement playerson the team, and a below average performance by Miller was just ridiculous.

It was not just a matter of preferring private communication over calling a player out in public. It just made no sense at all. It is like Willie has developed a personal dislike of Tryamkin for some reason. (Just as his praise of Megna is flat out wrong, based on the numbers.) Willie has been under a lot of pressure and, as a lame duck coach, is probably feeling pretty negative about the world. But he seems to have lost it.

10 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:
Status report

Chaput will move up and play on Vancouver's top line with Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin. Granlund moves down from the top line to play with Baertschi and Horvat on the second line. … If Tanev does not return, Biega will play with Hutton on the third defensive pair and Tryamkin will move up to play with Sbisa on the second. … Edmonton will not make any changes to its lineup from the win against Boston.

This narrative needs to end.  Until it does, this phase of the transition will continue to be stretched out.

2 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I have generally been positive about Willie, even though I agree that his stubborness on deployment decisions has been a problem. But he completely lost me on his statements about Tryamkin against Marchand and Boston. For openers, most of the time Marchand was on the ice Tryamkin was on the bench. And the pivotal play of the game was when Marchand took the puck from Henrik, skated by Daniel (who was just watching the play) and went through Edler, who at least tried to check him (sort of). Tryamkin was on the bench at the time.

And blaming the loss on Tryamkin -- you know the rookie D who was one of the few guys on the team actually playing well, without bothering the mention the poor performance of the vets, of the many AHL-level replacement playerson the team, and a below average performance by Miller was just ridiculous.

It was not just a matter of preferring private communication over calling a player out in public. It just made no sense at all. It is like Willie has developed a personal dislike of Tryamkin for some reason. (Just as his praise of Megna is flat out wrong, based on the numbers.) Willie has been under a lot of pressure and, as a lame duck coach, is probably feeling pretty negative about the world. But he seems to have lost it.

Yeah, surprised more people didn't notice this. Tryamkin wasn't matched against Marchand (23 and 52 were), and was on the bench for all of Marchands points. Is he supposed to reach out and clothesline the rat as he skates by? 

Looking forward to seeing how he deploys the troops today. 

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

This narrative needs to end.  Until it does, this phase of the transition will continue to be stretched out.

If you switch second line and first line it gets a little better. My hope is that the Bo line gets more minutes than the Sedin line - but I'm skeptical. 

30 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Nah, Lucic doesn't have the reach. Nik clearly doesn't quite know how to fight yet, but he's been a quick learner and I'm sure Guddy gave him some more pointers. With his strength and reach if he gets the right grip and lands one on anyone its going to hurt, its just physics. His wingspan will do most of the work. 

Reach vs Experience and Skill (6'1 VS 6'8) :

5'11 vs 6'7:

For further proof see UFC Cain (6'1) vs Browne (6'7).

Skill and experience beats reach 98/100. 

Nikki used his reach to hold off the likes of Benn and Smith because neither are established scrappers. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Predicting we win in overtime, Granlund with the winner.

You Sir, are brave...or drunk...or delusional...or God.

I hope you are right...Absolutely detest the Oilers, especially their fan base. 

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

yah maybe. Lucic isn't what he used to be tho either. Maybe he wakes up the bear too :P I don't see Lucic taking the chance but who knows. Tryamkin looks like he can throw a punch too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5JaJpicSDc

Yeah but it was against KHLer with 3 career fights.

Experience is a huge factor especially with the reach difference. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Nikki. He just doesn't have that mean streak in him. If he did, and developed fighting ability (through boxing lets say) he would be a force for sure. 

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Yeah but it was against a career KHLer with 3 career fights.

Experience is a huge factor especially with the reach difference. 

For sure. But Niks a strong kid, if he's able to control the fight like with Benn, and land a lucky one he could hurt Lucic. Or Milan tunes him up due to experience. I just don't think it would be the easiest fight Lucic ever had. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

For sure. But Niks a strong kid, if he's able to control the fight like with Benn, and land a lucky one he could hurt Lucic. Or Milan tunes him up due to experience. I just don't think it would be the easiest fight Lucic ever had. 

Nikita needs to take hockey fighting lessons, and boxing too.  If he learns to fight well, he (ironically) won't have to fight.  I love our big Russian, and hope he lays a big hit on McDavid.

21 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Reach vs Experience and Skill (6'1 VS 6'8) :

5'11 vs 6'7:

For further explains see UFC Cain (6'1) vs Brown (6'7).

Skill and experience beats reach 98/100. 

Nikki used his reach to hold off the likes of Benn and Smith because neither are established scrappers. 

Ripen was a Golden Gloves champ.  Nikita needs to take boxing lessons.  

47 minutes ago, rypien=hero said:

How about looch vs. Big Nikki, both could be good scraps

Lucic would stomp him. Nikita is a big boy but needs to learn how to fight. He looked a little overwhelmed vs Benn in my opinion and Lucic>Benn when it comes to dropping the mitts.

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ripen was a Golden Gloves champ.  Nikita needs to take boxing lessons.  

Yes. If you read my last few posts, that was basically the summary of what I said. 

Also, if you're going to use Rypien's name, please respectfully spell it correctly. 

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Nah, Lucic doesn't have the reach. Nik clearly doesn't quite know how to fight yet, but he's been a quick learner and I'm sure Guddy gave him some more pointers. With his strength and reach if he gets the right grip and lands one on anyone its going to hurt, its just physics. His wingspan will do most of the work. 

I think Benn hurt his shoulder trying to wrestle a grip on Tryamkin last game. How many guys has Try sent to the locker room this year 3 or4?

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

This. Makes me wonder if he's on med's or something? just weird statements like my pill popping neighbour

Archived