The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Weekend of March (18-19) 2017

Looks like the Hawks just called a favor in from Toronto. Toews the goal scorer was clearly offside you can see in the frame by frame after he scored a goal. Avalanch challenge was unsuccessful.

Even the Hawks play by play guys are just baffled on how this didn't get overturned.  

21 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Looks like the Hawks just called a favor in from Toronto. Toews the goal scorer was clearly offside you can see in the frame by frame after he scored a goal. Avalanch challenge was unsuccessful.

Even the Hawks play by play guys are just baffled on how this didn't get overturned.  

NHL can't afford to have their sweethearts lose to the worst team in decades. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

NHL can't afford to have their sweethearts lose to the worst team in decades. 

The same team that had a goal allowed by pushing Luongo into his own net?

Never would have thought the league bends the rules for them...

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

I really want elliot and the flames to shutout the Kings tonight just for my fantasy team :lol:

Costly decision for me. Had Ward in my bench but decided to go with Quick. Instead he gets shelled and hooked early while Ward had a 40 save performance. Oh well thankfully the Canes lost so that decision didn't really hurt

55 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

So glad the scumbags  rat was knocked out of tops in goals and points within a few days...

Speaking of Scumbags...aside from the slew foot on Davidson (which put him out for weeks), the head butt on Scandella we now have this cheap shot by a blossoming  rat..

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

They are really really quiet. No noise unless Montreal has a scoring chance...

They probably want the Habs to drop the game to the Sens and avoid being bring the Atlantic Division Champs and having to face the Metropolitan Division wild card team in the first round 

18 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

I was shocked when I saw the highlights last night, but I read more about it this morning.  You can see some justification for it in the gif posted above.  This is similar to a recent Canucks challenge on an offside.  The player moving the puck into the zone does not appear to touch the puck after the puck crosses the line until Toews is back on-side.  I hate that this works out like that (especially when in the 'Hawks favor, or against the Canucks), but it is really just an extension of the tag-up rule used for years.

That call sure changed the game, though. Pretty huge collapse by the Avs.

2 hours ago, Kragar said:

I was shocked when I saw the highlights last night, but I read more about it this morning.  You can see some justification for it in the gif posted above.  This is similar to a recent Canucks challenge on an offside.  The player moving the puck into the zone does not appear to touch the puck after the puck crosses the line until Toews is back on-side.  I hate that this works out like that (especially when in the 'Hawks favor, or against the Canucks), but it is really just an extension of the tag-up rule used for years.

That call sure changed the game, though. Pretty huge collapse by the Avs.

The frame by frame overhead reply shows it more clearly that technically Toews' skates are on the blue line before Panik touches the puck making the play a legal tag up.

Meh, I'll take it.

Archived