The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Weekend of March (18-19) 2017

21 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

The frame by frame overhead reply shows it more clearly that technically Toews' skates are on the blue line before Panik touches the puck making the play a legal tag up.

Meh, I'll take it.

Damn, long time no see (of course, that might have been my vision as opposed to your absence!)  Hope all is well.

It turns out it is the right call, but I'd be curious to know how often that would get blown down, since the puck was clearly offside, just not with possession.  The stick wasn't too far away from the puck, so unless the linesman has eagle-eyes, it is really a judgment call, and one I think that would normally get blown down.

Not to mean I am calling conspiracy here... I'll leave that to others ;).  I think the Canucks got jobbed often this season, getting called offsides for many close plays.  I think a third of the time I bitched about it, I was right.  Drives the wife nuts, since I replay it a frame at a time to prove who was right... but I gotta know!!!

23 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

The frame by frame overhead reply shows it more clearly that technically Toews' skates are on the blue line before Panik touches the puck making the play a legal tag up.

Meh, I'll take it.

Isn't the blue line considered in, once already in?  The puck must completely come over the blue line to be considered out, once it was in.  Are a player's skates different?  I don't think they are.  

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn't the blue line considered in, once already in?  The puck must completely come over the blue line to be considered out, once it was in.  Are a player's skates different?  I don't think they are.  

To be honest, I not really sure how the exact rule is written.  I was just repeating the explanation given in the post game.  They showed the overhead replay and said that because Toews' skates were touching the blue line before Panik touches the puck, it's considered a legal tag up.

I guess that's the rule.  Until I heard that, I thought the Hawks got away with a pretty blatant offsides.

11 hours ago, Kragar said:

Damn, long time no see (of course, that might have been my vision as opposed to your absence!)  Hope all is well.

It turns out it is the right call, but I'd be curious to know how often that would get blown down, since the puck was clearly offside, just not with possession.  The stick wasn't too far away from the puck, so unless the linesman has eagle-eyes, it is really a judgment call, and one I think that would normally get blown down.

Not to mean I am calling conspiracy here... I'll leave that to others ;).  I think the Canucks got jobbed often this season, getting called offsides for many close plays.  I think a third of the time I bitched about it, I was right.  Drives the wife nuts, since I replay it a frame at a time to prove who was right... but I gotta know!!!

Meh, I was trying to get clean and sober and go cold turkey from this place, but you know how it is......

..... once an addict, always an addict.

Archived