The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev proposals (Discussion and Poll)

Do any of these trades work for both teams?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tanev - Proposals

Dallas                                                                                                                                  For                                  Vancouver

2017 1st  (5th) + Nichushkin                                                                                                                                          Tanev + Columbus's 2017 2nd

Buffalo                                                                                                                                For                                  Vancouver

2017 1st (8th OA) + A. Nylander                                                                                                                                 Tanev + Van's 2017 2nd

Toronto                                                                                                                               For                                    Vancouver

2017 1st (15 OA) + Kapanen + Nielsen                                                                                                                        Tanev

Colorado                                                                                                                             For                                    Vancouver

Jost + 2017 2nd (32 OA)                                                                                                                                               Tanev

Vegas                                                                                                                                                                            Vancouver

Best Expansion player + 2017 2nd + 2018 2nd                                                                      For                                    Tanev

Some are going to be too high and some too low.....is there any ones that make you think the trading team would go for it and we would go for it.........? Remember, this is just for fun and I usually suck at these........flame away!

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

Now Alf I know I am asking for it, but what's wrong with the other deals?

Don't like Nuke (selfish floater)...Don't like A. Nylander (softy) ...Don't like TO (so will not trade with them) ... and don't understand the Vegas one.

Plus I like Jost.  He's got that excellent hockey build, with a strong lower body.  

I put the Vegas one in there because ....who knows who they will get in there expansion draft.......maybe a pretty good young player we would like.......just thought it was worth putting in there....more to hear the thoughts....totally understand! Thanks buddy!. You know when I was young....we only could watch Toronto and Montreal games, so I chose Toronto, because my Dad liked them (Eddie Shack really)..........so I don't mind the team, I just hate the fans!

I want Jost but Colorado will not send any pics with him. Even if we have to send more i would make that happen. 

Tanev + Sutter for Jost

Pick RW Owen Tippett at the draft

Granlund Horvat Tippett

Goldobin Jost Boesser

Beartchi Dahlen Virtanen

MacEwan Gaunce Lockwood

Think people on these boards greatly over value Tanev...would do any of the above in a heartbeat.

I think the team needs to look at packaging him and ? (2  B's for 1 A player) for a top 6 C under the age of 23.

Proposed in another thread...Tanev and Sutter for RNH.

Would fill the 3 C shutdown role for the Oilers, and rid us of his contract.

He would also likely accept this trade....being from from Alta

We wouldn't really have need for a 3C w/Bo RNH and Hank.

Bo would likely play against the opponents #1 line.

Not sure RNH is an A...but would fill a role on our team.

Tanev/Sutter plus for Reinhart ?

Maybe get some life out of the Sedins in a 3rd line role.

1 minute ago, nickels said:

Think people on these boards greatly over value Tanev...would do any of the above in a heartbeat.

I think the team needs to look at packaging him and ? (2  B's for 1 A player) for a top 6 C under the age of 23.

He would also gladly accept this trade....being from from Alta

Not a fan of RNH.  Given too much money too soon.  He will never play up to the .Cap he's paid.  Kind of a negative value player.  Isn't Sutter out producing RNH, while being the far better 200 foot player?

Just now, Alflives said:

Not a fan of RNH.  Given too much money too soon.  He will never play up to the .Cap he's paid.  Kind of a negative value player.  Isn't Sutter out producing RNH, while being the far better 200 foot player?

would trade Sutter for RNH in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Edmonton would, but JB wouldn't.  IMHAO, of course.

Think both guys would fit better on the opposite teams. Two "not great" contracts.

RNH   24  32  56  a couple yrs ago as a 21 yr old. in 76 games

Never gonna be a good fit behind McDavid.

3 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

Me 2

Alf you and I have been agreeing on a lot lately, 

might need to get a room.......but I still expect dinner first

I also think the RNH deal should have happened at the deadline, pretty much exactly as you laid it out, the only reason (I'm speculating) it didn't is that Benning is still gunning for Reinhart.

This is the baseless rumor I hear, so take it as just that: Benning offered either Tanev or Joulieve plus some smaller bits (2nd?) for Reinhart who if you go and read any Buffalo forum is not untouchable and could absolutely be had for the right price.

Apparently Buffalo said they wanted BOTH, Linden, Aqua and Benning considered then turned it down all parties agreeing to re-visit the subject in the off season, this was what I was told

....yes yes, you don't believe anything blah blah blah, whatever (Not you Alf) I repeat the rumor for the sake of entertainment and speculative disscussion so just put it back in your pants there John Holmes (Again not you Alf)

All this asside,  it would seem the perfect storm is gathering for the team to adress the need that I and other long term followers know is most grievous,

The team has always been weak at hockey's most important position, center ice, the two times in our history we were solid up the middle (Linden, Ronning), (Sedin, Kesler) are the two team who came withing inches of a cup, it's not a coincidence, it's also not a coincidence that the west-coast express era doesn't measure up to the two other Canuck teams I've mentioned, Linden was no longer top 6, Sedin wasn't ready for top 6 and Morrisonn was kind of a #2, that Canucks team weakness at Center is reflected in their playoff record.

"It All starts at center ice, if you can't get the team a center than trade me for one"

Alex Mogilny 1998

47 minutes ago, nickels said:

43 minutes ago, nickels said:

would trade Sutter for RNH in a heartbeat.

But you didn't suggest trading Sutter for RNH straight up, you suggested trading Sutter and Tanev for RNH which is a massive overpayment.  Tanev alone for RNH is fair but like Alf said, not a fan of RNH.

46 minutes ago, nickels said:

I think RNH = Sutter, maybe with a small plus.....two totally different type of players, but pretty equal......imagine them one on one.......hitting allowed.....better yet, throw a puck into a corner and see which one comes out with it......my bet is Sutter does.........RNH reminds me of jam.......it can be spread all over the place with very little effort......don't like him!

Now Reinhart + for Tanev and Sutter, would benefit each team..........the + maybe a late 2nd or 3rd pick..........Buffalo would be better immediately!

23 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

I also think the RNH deal should have happened at the deadline, pretty much exactly as you laid it out, the only reason (I'm speculating) it didn't is that Benning is still gunning for Reinhart.

This is the baseless rumor I hear, so take it as just that: Benning offered either Tanev or Joulieve plus some smaller bits (2nd?) for Reinhart who if you go and read any Buffalo forum is not untouchable and could absolutely be had for the right price.

Apparently Buffalo said they wanted BOTH, Linden, Aqua and Benning considered then turned it down all parties agreeing to re-visit the subject in the off season, this was what I was told

....yes yes, you don't believe anything blah blah blah, whatever (Not you Alf) I repeat the rumor for the sake of entertainment and speculative disscussion so just put it back in your pants there John Holmes (Again not you Alf)

All this asside,  it would seem the perfect storm is gathering for the team to adress the need that I and other long term followers know is most grievous,

The team has always been weak at hockey's most important position, center ice, the two times in our history we were solid up the middle (Linden, Ronning), (Sedin, Kesler) are the two team who came withing inches of a cup, it's not a coincidence, it's also not a coincidence that the west-coast express era doesn't measure up to the two other Canuck teams I've mentioned, Linden was no longer top 6, Sedin wasn't ready for top 6 and Morrisonn was kind of a #2, that Canucks team weakness at Center is reflected in their playoff record.

"It All starts at center ice, if you can't get the team a center than trade me for one"

Alex Mogilny 1998

You could look at it that way or you could look at it as Cloutier was not a solid number 1 (Goaltending issues) or we had no true number one Dman (Neidermayer, Pronger etc).

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hi Coastal! lol

hey hi

i have resolved to no longer comment on trade proposals (or comment as rarely as i can manage)

almost every trade proposal presented has unrealistic components

and there is little value to pointing them out

end up being a bit of a negative nelly

and it actually bums me out to repeatedly do the commentary

and quite frankly we have already clearly seen

that the trades proposed are not even on the horizon of what jb is likely to do

because there is likely not one fan on this site

who could have predicted his last 2 trades

oh we could predict who might be traded.. and guess with some smaller rate of success where they might possibly go

but no one could have imagined the return

jb's research and diligence goes well beyond what even knowledgeable fans on here know

he seems to know every young prospect of every team

and is able to source prospects in europe..

stuff almost everyone on here has no clue about

i'd rather wait for the jb trades

and comment on what has happened in reality

that man has a true passion to track talent

i think we will see how good he really is

i have already predicted the vancouver rebuild will quickly surpass the toronto one

i can't wait to see what happens this offseason

Archived