The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev proposals (Discussion and Poll)

Do any of these trades work for both teams?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Threadsetter1 said:

I agree, I wish we traded down a few spots to get an asset and draft jost last year. He is so dynamic and was arguably canada's best forward at the world juniors aside from barzal. Also that Boeser - Jost chemistry could be deadly.

Colorado isn't a good trading partner for us.

They're going to build around Jost and MacKinnon. 

Tanev is worth Jost alone without Sutter. Jost has proven nothing at the NHL level. When he does, get back to me. 

4 hours ago, TheHitman said:

BUF wasn't able to get Shattenkirk at the TDL and they will somehow get him during free agency? BUF isn't an attractive free agent landing spot for top tier defensemen. If Reinhart is that good, would you consider Bo a number 1 centerman, because thus far Bo has outperformed Reinhart in every aspect of the game with worse line mates. 

My 2 cents worth...

I don't believe Reinhart will be better than Bo, but I think we have to find a complementary centre to Bo for our Top 6.

I dont think we can hope to win lotteries (chance is too low), nor can we rely on our prospect pool (right now only Gaudette projects as a possible 1/2C).

We need to improve our chances of getting a true 1/2C by attacking on all fronts.

We all talk about taking the BPA...I believe Reinhart is the best player available via trade for this crucial role in our team.

Is he Bo? Nope

But he is young, has tremendous potential, shoots right, is a local kid, not small, is currently on a team that can afford to trade him, and we might just have the assets to get him.

number 2 is the best but we would have to thrown in something else

The leafs if they make the playoffs will know they need D help and this could be the chance we have to get a future 1st liner for Tanev who seems to be a top 3 defensive D man but for us gets hurt to much so the time to trade him would be NOW!

1 hour ago, morrissex95 said:

Colorado isn't a good trading partner for us.

They're going to build around Jost and MacKinnon. 

Tanev is worth Jost alone without Sutter. Jost has proven nothing at the NHL level. When he does, get back to me. 

I think you misread what I'm saying. Im just a Jost enthusiast. I think trading down from 5-9 or 10 to get him would have been a good option for us last year. As for trading tanev for him I Have to disagree, for now at least, just too big of a risk. Tanev is proven Jost is not. But he is at one of the best development programs and has all the tools to be a dynamic top 6 forward.

15 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

My 2 cents worth...

I don't believe Reinhart will be better than Bo, but I think we have to find a complementary centre to Bo for our Top 6.

I dont think we can hope to win lotteries (chance is too low), nor can we rely on our prospect pool (right now only Gaudette projects as a possible 1/2C).

We need to improve our chances of getting a true 1/2C by attacking on all fronts.

We all talk about taking the BPA...I believe Reinhart is the best player available via trade for this crucial role in our team.

Is he Bo? Nope

But he is young, has tremendous potential, shoots right, is a local kid, not small, is currently on a team that can afford to trade him, and we might just have the assets to get him.

BUF: Tanev and Virtanen

VAN: Reinhart

At it's core it looks like..

BUF: Tanev and 6th overall pick (2014)

VAN: 2nd overall pick (2014)

Then do we draft Liljegren with our 1st or take the best available forward?

2 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

In that case we'd probably draft Tippett IMO. Upgrade over Virtanen and does similar things better. 

6 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

Well again we take the BPA at our draft position!

But what position will that be?!

There is very little chance we are picking Top 3 because of the lottery odds (even if we finish 2nd last there's only a 33% chance we pick in top 3).

But supposing we DO win a top pick then we gotta take a Patrick or Hischier. Even though we might have already traded to get Reinhart.

Again, Reinhart/Patrick/Hischier are not guaranteed to be 1/2C but it increases our future chances of having 2 elite centres.

If we end up with 3 top young centres then that is not a bad thing. It gives us lots of options to balance 3 scoring lines, use as wings, provide quality depth, or maybe trade for a pressing need at a time when we are a contender!

6 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

4 hours ago, TheHitman said:

In that case we'd probably draft Tippett IMO. Upgrade over Virtanen and does similar things better. 

4 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Well again we take the BPA at our draft position!

But what position will that be?!

There is very little chance we are picking Top 3 because of the lottery odds (even if we finish 2nd last there's only a 33% chance we pick in top 3).

But supposing we DO win a top pick then we gotta take a Patrick or Hischier. Even though we might have already traded to get Reinhart.

Again, Reinhart/Patrick/Hischier are not guaranteed to be 1/2C but it increases our future chances of having 2 elite centres.

If we end up with 3 top young centres then that is not a bad thing. It gives us lots of options to balance 3 scoring lines, use as wings, provide quality depth, or maybe trade for a pressing need at a time when we are a contender!

Both options look pretty good. Obviously it'd be better to draft Patrick/Hischier than it is for us to draft Tippett but both leave us with a very good top-6 group:

Goldobin - Reinhart - Tippett

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

or

Goldobin - Patrick/Hischier - Reinhart

with Granlund, Gaudette, Dahlen, Sutter, Lockwood as top-9/depth

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Gudbranson

with Stecher, Brisebois, McEneny, Subban as top-6/depth

ANYWAYS...how does that deal look though? Not enough value on our side? Not something that Buffalo would take?

35 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Both options look pretty good. Obviously it'd be better to draft Patrick/Hischier than it is for us to draft Tippett but both leave us with a very good top-6 group:

or

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Gudbranson

ANYWAYS...how does that deal look though? Not enough value on our side? Not something that Buffalo would take?

You're asking if the deal is fair:

To BUF: Tanev + Virtanen

To VAN: Reinhart

I just don't think that Virtanen has shown enough potential for BUF to accept this deal. If we were still in 2014/2015 then BUF probably go for it cuz they hope Virt will live up to his potential as a 6th overall pick. But his slow development will put uncertainty in the minds of BUF.

I think we would have to add either a Baer or Granny or 2nd round pick to Tanev in order for BUF to give us Reinhart.

IMO that would be worth it. Even though I really don't want to lose one of those guys!

All awful deals for the team that is not Vancouver. All say no. 

But none of those deals hold a candle to how bad this is:

16 hours ago, scheif16 said:

To Jets:

Tanev + Sutter

To Canucks:

Mark Scheifele

Scheifele is 6th in points this year, over a PPG, and has quickly turned into an elite number 1 center. He also just signed an extension.

Oh yeah, not to mention that Tanev is not needed by them (RHD include: Buff, Trouba, Myers, Poolman). And Adam Lowry already does what Sutter does, but at a fraction of the cost.

19 hours ago, Blömqvist said:

or

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Gudbranson

BUF receives what they need in that deal and they come away with potentially a lot more value so probably worth it. 

18 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

You're asking if the deal is fair:

To BUF: Tanev + Virtanen

To VAN: Reinhart

I just don't think that Virtanen has shown enough potential for BUF to accept this deal. If we were still in 2014/2015 then BUF probably go for it cuz they hope Virt will live up to his potential as a 6th overall pick. But his slow development will put uncertainty in the minds of BUF.

I think we would have to add either a Baer or Granny or 2nd round pick to Tanev in order for BUF to give us Reinhart.

IMO that would be worth it. Even though I really don't want to lose one of those guys!

Excellent trade for both teams.  We give up a bit too much, so a pick (second?) coming back with Reinhart would balance.

or

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sorry I don't think Tanev and Virtanen gets you Reinhart

I'd say.......... Tanev, and one of Granlund, Baertschi or Gaudette      for       Reinhart+ 2017 3rd ...............gets it done

If Buffalo takes Guadette (heavy cost!)................our lines look like this

Goldobin - Reinhart - Tippett/Dahlen

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen/Eriksson

or

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen/Dahlen/Eriksson

But realistically , we don't get the #1 or #2 seed, and I have seen Tippett up as high as #3, sooooo, we better have a back up plan for that 1st line RW

Then again, we need not rush this, as there is still the 2018 draft.........

I am pretty good with the idea!

And let's please remember we have Eriksson for the next 5 years

42 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

or

Juolevi - Tryamkin

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sorry I don't think Tanev and Virtanen gets you Reinhart

I'd say.......... Tanev, and one of Granlund, Baertschi or Gaudette      for       Reinhart+ 2017 3rd ...............gets it done

If Buffalo takes Guadette (heavy cost!)................our lines look like this

Goldobin - Reinhart - Tippett/Dahlen

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen/Eriksson

or

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen/Dahlen/Eriksson

But realistically , we don't get the #1 or #2 seed, and I have seen Tippett up as high as #3, sooooo, we better have a back up plan for that 1st line RW

Then again, we need not rush this, as there is still the 2018 draft.........

I am pretty good with the idea!

And let's please remember we have Eriksson for the next 5 years

Yeah agree that we don't need to worry about 1RW at this stage.

If we have the necessary pieces to be a contender then a serviceable 1RW could come from any number of places, eg. Eriksson, Boeser, Granlund, Lockwood, Reinhart (if another 1/2C pans out), Virtanen, or just fill the spot via FA when we are in a better position to contend.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Excellent trade for both teams.  We give up a bit too much, so a pick (second?) coming back with Reinhart would balance.

Sorry Alf, are you saying Tanev + Virtanen is excellent deal for Reinhart + 2nd?

Or Tanev + Granlund/Baer?

Either way I think JB should leap, but just wanted to clarify...

Archived