The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers

-Vintage Canuck-

9 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Who chooses to play Megna and Chaput over Boucher? 

Losing is still ill losing and what makes it worse is it's boring hockey 

who is going to pay to watch that? 

As for overall player lack of production ... ever stop to think it's Willie's awful "system" ? 

Lets see how long you'll be dancing with joy, if the team start shipping 6-8 goal a game in order to score a few extra... yes entertaining, but not for long.

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And yet if you remember the first intermission interview, the Oiler player  (I forget who) was asked why 0 - 0 when they had rattled off 7 in both the previous games.  He replied that the Nux were so sound defensively that they were giving the Oilers nothing.

I guess it was just players' intuition at work then, and not their adhering to a coach's system.

We lost 2-0 

so so do we take comfort in holding them to 2 instead of 7? 

Noawadays in a game against a team that can't score teams dont need to "run up" the score. They simply switch to shut down mode and it's lights out. That's why there are so few 3rd period comebacks. 

10 hours ago, darkpoet said:

I called it yesterday.

McFeces draws the non-call which ended our night.

The ref didn't even have his hand up until he saw who it was..... :rolleyes:

WD better not say anything about Tryamkin on that play because McIdiot was down on his butt before Trank even touched him. No penalty there, he had the puck and 2 guys closed in on him.. but hey like I said... I knew it was coming.

Good to see Sedin give him a word after about it ... to which McSelfrighteous said "whaaaatt??"  

you know what, snot nosed little twerp. 

Its good he get a reputation... Players have memories like elephants... Can't wait till he gets creamed for real...

Sadly, the Canucks have no future Canucks playing other than Bo, Baer, Granlund, Sutter. The other players are plugs Megna, Skille, Cammarosa, Shore, Gaunce, Dorsett, and Labatte, 

The players to look at would be Chaput, Boucher, and Goldy, which should be given more TOI.

38 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Play the kids Benning says. So what does Willie do? He puts Granlund with Bo and Baertschi. I think here we go we're going to see the kids play. Then Sutter gets more ice time than any other forward. For &^@#s sake just fire this piece of trash already!! I don't want to see this crap anymore...

Good thing then that Bo, Baertschi and Granny weren't on the ice for the game winning even strength goal ......

Oh, wait, they were, and our best defensive forward was on the bench.

Something like how Tryamkin got blamed for Marchand beating the Canucks when it was Edler who was matched up against him for all but 2 shifts? Oh wait who got walked by McDavid last night for the game winning goal...it wasn't Tryamkin that's for sure. My point was that our coach is the worst in the NHL right now. He's still trying to play the same god damn players he played at the start of the season in the same roles and expecting different results, when twice now Benning has publicly told him to play the kids. Megna and Sutter are not our kids. 

What kids is Willie not playing that everyone is freaking out about? 

Goldobin is sick.

Juolevi, Boeser & Virtanen aren't on the team.

Horvat is already playing a lot.

Baertschi & Granlund aren't kids. 

Are people really this mad about Chaput playing less than Megna?

I thought Eriksson & Sutter were supposed to shelter the youngsters so their careers don't get ruined like everyone in Edmonton. 

9 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Something like how Tryamkin got blamed for Marchand beating the Canucks when it was Edler who was matched up against him for all but 2 shifts? Oh wait who got walked by McDavid last night for the game winning goal...it wasn't Tryamkin that's for sure. My point was that our coach is the worst in the NHL right now. He's still trying to play the same god damn players he played at the start of the season in the same roles and expecting different results, when twice now Benning has publicly told him to play the kids. Megna and Sutter are not our kids. 

People and fans around the league sees it, not just us.  Willie isn't an NHL level coach, he isn't seeing things on the ice that an NHL coach would see and he's unusually stubborn.

10 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

We won't be able to salvage the season by simply letting go of the coach because we really don't have the roster to compete for the playoffs. The Sedins really took a step back this year and that is 2 top-line offensive player dropping into second/third-liner in terms of production and we don't really have anybody else that can fill that void yet. The way I see this season was mangement overestimated the Sedins production (myself as well, you can look at my prediction before the season starts), by believing that they are still first liner, but reality is as good as they have been over the years, age has finally caught up to them and them not scoring at a first-line pace was what really hurted us. If the Sedins could score at a 60-70 pt range, and with young guys like Horvat, Baertchi and Granlund stepping up their game, the Canucks would still be competing for the final playoff spots. It's time to reconstruct this team and it starts from drafting a new No.1 line center.

Is this meant to be news?

11 hours ago, khay said:

Uhh... Edmonton roster or McDavid?

Ah, I get it. McDavid is basically 99% of their roster so basically you want McDavid. Yeah, me too.

McDavid, Nuge, Eberly, Larsen.

Pretty much all better than all our players. 

Their supporting cast is really coming together too. 

Face it.  

Edmonton is a much better team than us right now, and only going to get better. 

They are due 

4 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Face it.  

They are due 

The question is: will Edmonton convert and win a cup before their salary cap woes take them back to the abyss?

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

My take from the games that I have seen of our 3rd stringer in is that we don't need to re sign Miller to a 6 million contract our d is good enough that a half decent goalie can keep us in the game we need to pay for some high end scoring so we're not loosing games like this where a goal at any point in the first 50 mins could have been the difference between bottom 10 in the league and the playoffs. 

Obviously not that easy. 6 mill for 30 goal man Loui. Much better value in a guy like Vanek. Even Vrbata has been chipping in again. Hockey is a team game. You are only as good as the guys around you.

25 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Face it.  

They are due 

The general theme of a lot of fans on here is that Desjardin is the reason the Canucks cannot win games. IMHO it is laughable and makes me wonder what they look at during a game. Canucks played an excellent game last night.

I agree the Oilers are coming of age. Their weakness is still on the d-core. The Canucks played them well in the o-zone last night. Whenever I watch Zack K I cringe. It is players like him that can win CUPs. In the Dallas game he threw a pass between a defenders legs to a team mate that produced a goal. Last night he was hitting Canucks with abandon. IMHO the Canucks are 3 years behind where the Oilers are now.

52 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

What kids is Willie not playing that everyone is freaking out about? 

Goldobin is sick.

Juolevi, Boeser & Virtanen aren't on the team.

Horvat is already playing a lot.

Baertschi & Granlund aren't kids. 

Are people really this mad about Chaput playing less than Megna?

I thought Eriksson & Sutter were supposed to shelter the youngsters so their careers don't get ruined like everyone in Edmonton. 

Dude we rarely agree but thanks for being the voice of reason from the other side of the fence. I was thinking this yesterday while everybody was up in arms about playing the yoots.  Which ones!?! 

Is it me or is the complaining about every tiny little thing (most of the time not even being a thing) getting worse lately.  I guess that's why many believed some in this fan base couldn't handle a rebuild.  Some are even turning to rage lol do we forget this is a game??  Well said bud.

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The general theme of a lot of fans on here is that Desjardin is the reason the Canucks cannot win games. IMHO it is laughable and makes me wonder what they look at during a game. Canucks played an excellent game last night.

I agree the Oilers are coming of age. Their weakness is still on the d-core. The Canucks played them well in the o-zone last night. Whenever I watch Zack K I cringe. It is players like him that can win CUPs. In the Dallas game he threw a pass between a defenders legs to a team mate that produced a goal. Last night he was hitting Canucks with abandon. IMHO the Canucks are 3 years behind where the Oilers are now.

I'm with you on that.

I know he had his problems but I just never liked us giving up on him. He clearly had a useful NHL game whether it was going to be a solid T6 player or not. I guess it is what it is though, perhaps he needed the change to improve his situation. 

Archived