The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

You can cherry pick whatever interviews you want.. did you not know that coming out of junior thats what BO specialized in?? That's what he was used for at the world juniors?? I guess not..  there were a lot of of us who believed Bo would shatter the ceiling of a second line centre.  Whether you like to think it or not.  The way Willie handled his assignments was one of the contributing factors to Bos growth.  Granted it was Bos hard work that got him there.  But you can't  blame every failing prospect on Willie then turn around and say he had nothing to do with Bo, even thats what you guys continue to  do

I was one of the ones who said Bo was a can't miss pick the moment he was drafted and been high on him ever since. My problem is Willie thinks his ceiling his Sutter and thinks Sutter's ceiling is Bo. Bo always had the drive, compete and fortitude to be a winner. Has Linden written all over him and I'm still amused at those who thought we screwed up and passed on the "next Bure" when Bo was drafted

And no, I don't credit Willie playing him with plugs like Dorsett, calling him a real gud defensive player and starting the season with him slotted one the fourth line as proof of Willie's ability to assess Bo or develop him. Bo is a coaches dream that could develop anywhere. Even Eakins couldn't have screwed up Bo. 

Though this team will not miss Willie at all when we move on from him, I don't blame everything on him, he's a bad coach with some bad players brought in by a bad GM funded by a bad owner. Plenty of blame to go around.

That said, I also am not sold Green is the answer as he seems to prefer robotic defensive dump and chase over player creativity as well. I'm not sure it would be more than an optical lateral improvement. 

12 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

gotta suck when you talk like this and then sutter shows the skill and finesse that proves you theory wrong .. 12 hours later..

give it up man, you sound so pathetic.  Where was Sutter 2, 3, or 10 games ago? Oh right part of being a player in Bo's class is CONSISTENCY.  You know the words CONSISTENCY.  Say it again C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y.  

5 hours ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Why are u 2 arguing? We have 2 good players that I am happy we have moving forward. Who cares which one is better? They both add good value to the team. Bo will continue to get better, Sutter will, at worst, stay at the same level. 

I'm not disputing player ability but deployment based on it. Bo is a second line center that can handle line one and Sutter is third line that can sub second. Willie get's them mixed up sometimes for some weird reason and having it work out once in a blue is not confirmation of WD's genius beyond us mere mortals. 

25 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

give it up man, you sound so pathetic.  Where was Sutter 2, 3, or 10 games ago? Oh right part of being a player in Bo's class is CONSISTENCY.  You know the words CONSISTENCY.  Say it again C-O-N-S-I-S-T-E-N-C-Y.  

Wow didn't take long for somebody to start with childish insults.  Grow up!  And to throw some of your posting back your way.. it's called INJURY, say it again I-N-J-U-R-Y.  Btw pathetic is throwing insults on a forum ;) 

Just now, TheOgRook said:

Wow didn't take long for somebody to start with childish insults.  Grow up!  And to throw some of your posting back your way.. it's called INJURY, say it again I-N-J-U-R-Y.  Btw pathetic is throwing insults on a forum ;) 

Wow that's the best you can do.  Go back and read some of your posts on this forum and lets see who is the child here.

Just now, coho8888 said:

Wow that's the best you can do.  Go back and read some of your posts on this forum and lets see who is the child here.

Don't remember calling somebody pathetic for an opinion?? Seems to me things were civil before you arrived.  My friends and I were having a discussion.  You can move along ;) 

Just now, TheOgRook said:

Don't remember calling somebody pathetic for an opinion?? Seems to me things were civil before you arrived.  My friends and I were having a discussion.  You can move along ;) 

I didn't say your WERE Pathetic.  I said you sounded Pathetic.  Big difference.  Civil? hmm I think things have gotten heated well before I arrived.  

2 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

Heated?? Me and my boy @PhillipBlunt ??  That was just two passionate people having a discussion.  Though I don't always agree with guys like Phil and @TimberWolf I have nothing but love and respect for these guys.  May sound cheesy but aren't we all Canucks??

Yes we are.  and BTW i'm not normally this way when I post.  If I come off sounding like a jerk then my apologies.  Must be reading too many posts from Alfstonker. 

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Yes we are.  and BTW i'm not normally this way when I post.  If I come off sounding like a jerk then my apologies.  Must be reading too many posts from Alfstonker. 

No worries bud we can all come off across like that at times.  Takes an even bigger person to admit it :)  

awe Alfy ain't that bad, he's strong in his convictions.  I can name 5 off the top of my head that make him look like a choirboy ;p. 

7 hours ago, TimberWolf said:

I'm not disputing player ability but deployment based on it. Bo is a second line center that can handle line one and Sutter is third line that can sub second. Willie get's them mixed up sometimes for some weird reason and having it work out once in a blue is not confirmation of WD's genius beyond us mere mortals. 

I agree with your player assessments, just seemed like u and ogrook were heating up. 

No worries, just my opinion, as you know there is plenty of those on this forum.

Archived