The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, canuck2288 said:

Blah blah blah 

get over it his clock is ticking down gramps , I know you seniors stick together but maybe you and Willie can go sit in McDonalds together and read the paper and have free coffee refills all day next season? 

tick tick tick tick 

Are you OK?

10 minutes ago, drdeath said:

They're very much a playoff team because our division is horrible. 

That being said they're going to get completely ragdolled as soon as they play a California team with California officiating.

We'll win a series against the Ducks if we have home-ice and get the favourable matchups (McDavid away from Kesler, our 3rd line against Bieksa, etc.).

If it's the Sharks? We're gonna get schooled like Pittsburgh did in 07 against Ottawa. The lack of depth and experience will start to show (unless Talbot goes 06 Roloson).

The Oilers won't be an elite team firing on all cylinders until the likes of Puljujarvi, Nurse, Benning, Klefbom, etc. develop even further and the likes of Eberle are gone.

Just now, Barry_Wilkins said:

Edler consistently getting 23-27 mins a game is very important to Willie since 23 hasn't played enough NHL games yet for the coaching staff to get a good read on him. 

Tryamkin didn't look gassed last game, or this one. He should be getting 20 minutes every game till year's end. And yes, Willie, he's earned it.

i guess willie still trying to win. lmao. it's over man. this season is done willie. don't you get that? play the kids and listen to your boss. or else face being fired. 

i guess willie wants to be fired :blink:

4 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

.... can't resist......... :lol:

there. now some of you goofs actually have a reason to neg me :P

1lok4o.jpg

If that's what it would take to win this thing, bring it on.

Don't care any more, sick of losing with integrity. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our effort. Every line played well and Bachman was good. It would have been nice to get one that hit the post past them." - Desjardins

Translation - that guy I called out last game hit the post and cost me the game. I won't say his name because the fan base will attack  me 

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Blah blah blah 

get over it his clock is ticking down gramps , I know you seniors stick together but maybe you and Willie can go sit in McDonalds together and read the paper and have free coffee refills all day next season? 

tick tick tick tick 

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

No biggie -- we've shown we can compete with the mighty McCoilers with our junky transition team.  Just wait till we actually get our good prospects into the lineup.

Seriously 

Watching tonight even with the loss, I'm stoked about the future. And this is without our new crop along with a healthy Rodin. 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked our effort. Every line played well and Bachman was good. It would have been nice to get one that hit the post past them." - Desjardins

to be fair. Bachman did play well tonight. and if they could have had one of the goals that hit the post. maybe i'd be singing a different tune tonight. but i still wanted to see the young guys play. i wanna see what the canucks have in boucher and whether that young man can hold his own in the league. 

On 3/18/2017 at 9:54 PM, Hutton Wink said:

No biggie -- we've shown we can compete with the mighty McCoilers with our junky transition team.  Just wait till we actually get our good prospects into the lineup.

Trying, but losing, is normal for losing teams. 

Winning while not playing your best (and let's face it, teams now are playing down to the Canucks level) is normal for winning teams.

Our good prospects in the lineup will mean very little in the next few years because they'll still be inexperienced. And quite a few will still have to eventually develop into good/great players, which is no slam dunk.

That said, I think our future's looking a lot brighter than it did this time last year. But we're still deep in the woods.

Archived