• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
RKesler_17

(Proposal) Van - Ott

Offseason/Draft trade

Ottawa 

Alex Edler

Vancouver

2017 1st Round Pick 

Ottawa is in win now mode and Edler would give them a fantastic 2nd Pairing Defenceman that is still signed for a few more seasons.  I could see Edler waiving for Ottawa with Karlsson and Burrows there.  Vancouver could possibly select a PP QB in the late first round.  Erik Brannstrom should still be around with Ottawa's pick.

I don't see Ottawa giving up their first or any more prospects. Also I doubt Edler waives unless Benning says he's going to give him to Vegas if he doesn't haha 

Id like Edler to waive but I don't think he will. I also think the Canadians or San Jose would be a good fit for Edler next year

why move edler ?

gotta move sbisa i think

team mostly plays worse when edler is out

he shelters the other dmen by logging big minutes

against the other teams best players

we do not have a dman capable of stepping into his role

the team will have defensive confidence issues without edler

let our d mature for at least another year with edler involved

it is the hardest position in hockey to progress to full development

Edited by coastal.view

Edler, our 2017RD1 to Ottawa for Turris, their 2017RD1

26 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

why move edler ?

gotta move sbisa i think

team mostly plays worse when edler is out

he shelters the other dmen by logging big minutes

against the other teams best players

we do not have a dman capable of stepping into his role

the team will have defensive confidence issues without edler

let our d mature for at least another year with edler involved

it is the hardest position in hockey to progress to full development

Overall agree BUT...

Gotta look ahead to 4 years from now:

Tanev & Sbisa will be 30

Guddy will be 28

Hutton & Stecher 26

Tryamkin 25

Juolevi 22

Edler will be 34...IF we could flip him now for a forward piece that fits that mid to late 20's role 4 years from now then I think the timing might be better than to keep him. I know I keep pushing BC Boy Turris (4 yrs from now he will be 30 so on second thought he might not be the guy)...but maybe another look in the off-season at say Duchene?

49 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Overall agree BUT...

Gotta look ahead to 4 years from now:

Tanev & Sbisa will be 30

Guddy will be 28

Hutton & Stecher 26

Tryamkin 25

Juolevi 22

Edler will be 34...IF we could flip him now for a forward piece that fits that mid to late 20's role 4 years from now then I think the timing might be better than to keep him. I know I keep pushing BC Boy Turris (4 yrs from now he will be 30 so on second thought he might not be the guy)...but maybe another look in the off-season at say Duchene?

i suspect we will draft more dmen over the next 4 years

likely 1 or 2 every draft year

we do not need to keep sbisa for that reason

we ned to properly develop the younger d

edler is a quiet guy but apparently is very good with the young d

he is highly respected and effective

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

i suspect we will draft more dmen over the next 4 years

likely 1 or 2 every draft year

we do not need to keep sbisa for that reason

we ned to properly develop the younger d

edler is a quiet guy but apparently is very good with the young d

he is highly respected and effective

Last year we scored 191 goals...this we're on pace for 186.

I've named 7 decent D men that will form a decent D corps going forward...we need goals...lots more of them. We need a 1st line (we have 2 - 2nd lines right now)...Edler can definitely be sacrificed to improve our scoring.

I don't think we need to draft too many D-men (BPA if it comes to that) but otherwise focus on O.

10 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Last year we scored 191 goals...this we're on pace for 186.

I've named 7 decent D men that will form a decent D corps going forward...we need goals...lots more of them. We need a 1st line (we have 2 - 2nd lines right now)...Edler can definitely be sacrificed to improve our scoring.

I don't think we need to draft too many D-men (BPA if it comes to that) but otherwise focus on O.

you entirely missed my point

but whatever

i guess i should agree with you that the team should just draft an o player with each future draft pick

and trade d for more o players

cuz we get 7 drafts per year x 4 = 28 plus a trade 1 or 2 d and we'll have 30 of them (o guys)

makes sense to me now

and all the kids will just do fine developing mostly on their own

Edited by coastal.view

10 hours ago, RKesler_17 said:

Offseason/Draft trade

Ottawa 

Alex Edler

Vancouver

2017 1st Round Pick 

Ottawa is in win now mode and Edler would give them a fantastic 2nd Pairing Defenceman that is still signed for a few more seasons.  I could see Edler waiving for Ottawa with Karlsson and Burrows there.  Vancouver could possibly select a PP QB in the late first round.  Erik Brannstrom should still be around with Ottawa's pick.

Edler has not played a full season in the NHL since 2011-2012 I dont think his body can take a deep playoff run

Edler is to old and to injure prone to be worth a late first round draft pick....

We would have to add a pick or something

7 hours ago, ABNuck said:

Edler, our 2017RD1 to Ottawa for Turris, their 2017RD1

Edler and a top 5 pick

for

Turris

and a Late 1st....

He is a UFA at the end of 2018.. How about lets see if he makes it to UFA and see if he takes a home town discount.

Please you are making the CDC look stupid..

On 3/20/2017 at 3:23 AM, ChampStatus said:

Edler has not played a full season in the NHL since 2011-2012 I dont think his body can take a deep playoff run

Edler is to old and to injure prone to be worth a late first round draft pick....

We would have to add a pick or something

Edler and a top 5 pick

for

Turris

and a Late 1st....

He is a UFA at the end of 2018.. How about lets see if he makes it to UFA and see if he takes a home town discount.

Please you are making the CDC look stupid..

I prefer people (in business of any sort) who MAKE things happen, who take the initiative to fix problems...rather than just sit back hope they all just sort themselves out. I prefer to be proactive rather than reactive.

We can all agree that we are in serious offensive deficiency mode right now. No draft pick from the 2017 class is going to help with that. So I hardly think that trading down in an average draft to 1/ get a 1st line centre and 2/ to shed 1.5mil in salary is THAT stupid an idea...

I highly doubt Edler will ever waive as long as the twins are on the team and i don't see Ottawa willing to give up a 1st for him considering they have Chabot expected to make the jump next year.