The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Markus Granlund to undergo wrist surgery

b3.

7 hours ago, b3. said:

Goldy and Skille skated this morning, so I fully expect Skille or Biega to take Granlunds spot now. :lol:

To be fair.... I actually think that Biega plays better as a forward than as a defenseman.  

His skating without the puck is pretty decent and he's stocky for his height, thus he throws a pretty good check.  He kinda reminds me of a very mini/poor man's version of Brent Burns, lol.  

7 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

In honour of Granlund, who really took a step forward this season and proved how most of CDC (including myself) was wrong when the trade happened last year. Speedy recovery and hope to hear a lot more of this next season:

i agree with everything these guys are saying. but where do these guys buy their clothes? 1994?

6 hours ago, Creepy Crawler said:

I wonder if it has something to do with Canucks training, they had so many injuries last year too.

I'm thinking with short gloves and slashing at our shooters. 

I used to make my son wear wrist bands like for tennis because of all the slashing.

aptopix-france-tennis-french-open-nadal.jpg

1 hour ago, darkpoet said:

We'll know on Thursday. If ND loses to Boston he's available to us (or Utica) 
If they win, we'll have to wait til next year.

Utica is 1 point behind St. Johns for the final playoff spot in their division, with 12 games left. So no guarantee there either. 

Nope, but they are, essentially, in the playoffs right now.  Every single game they play is the most important game of the year, and the intensity level of the games is terrific and the young prospects are eating it up.  Its the most enjoyment I've gotten watching hockey since the 2011 run.

I'd love to see Boeser get that experience and help the team.  They need some goals.  Then add in Gaunce and Goldobin

Folks, maybe the hockey gods are smiling on this snake bitten franchise finally? We've been so unlucky this year in a year we NEEDED a high pick given our luck last year dropping back and the fact we really lack a second center to compliment Bo

Losing one of our top players is certainly going to 'help' team tank - and not that i subscribe to that approach but once you're out you may has well shut down players and not care about losing. Get the highest pick you can!

Come on Patrick/Hirchier or Middlestadt - personally I think CM will be the steal of the draft at 4/5 - and I'd be estatic if that's who we get

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Wow. Granlund was as good as he was with a bum wrist. Damn. Well done, Markus. And well done Benning. 

Pretty crazy he was sniping like that with a messed up wrist. Maybe he couldn't feel it but there was damage who knows but still to be weakened there and playing professional hockey as well has he has been is impressive. Look forward to seeing even more from him when he's healthy next year.

I suspect Edler and Sutter are injured too, obviously not surgery level but you can see it at least in Sutter, and maybe Edler is just worn down from being overused given the injuries this year on the back end.

5 minutes ago, BoDangles53 said:

Pretty crazy he was sniping like that with a messed up wrist. Maybe he couldn't feel it but there was damage who knows but still to be weakened there and playing professional hockey as well has he has been is impressive. Look forward to seeing even more from him when he's healthy next year.

I suspect Edler and Sutter are injured too, obviously not surgery level but you can see it at least in Sutter, and maybe Edler is just worn down from being overused given the injuries this year on the back end.

As someone else put it, Sutter playing injured is the worst kept secret on the team.

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

To be fair.... I actually think that Biega plays better as a forward than as a defenseman.  

His skating without the puck is pretty decent and he's stocky for his height, thus he throws a pretty good check.  He kinda reminds me of a very mini/poor man's version of Brent Burns, lol.  

umm...no....just....no

How about a faster Derrick Dorsett?

8 hours ago, b3. said:

Goldy and Skille skated this morning, so I fully expect Skille or Biega to take Granlunds spot now. :lol:

Goldy apparently has lost 15 pounds since hes had the flu.  I would be surprised if he looked anything like himself if he does come back.

Geez, I can't wait to see what the games lost total is at the end of the season. Last few years have been really brutal for injuries.

Alright WD, play Megna as much as you want. At least we know he won't score if given twenty minutes a night.

10 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Goldy apparently has lost 15 pounds since hes had the flu.  I would be surprised if he looked anything like himself if he does come back.

I think they'll send him and Gaunce to Utica as soon as they're healthy.

8 hours ago, Pete M said:

Looking at the upcoming schedule...that 65 pts projection may come true...need one more win to prove them wrong;

All said and done, the prediction may not be that far off.

Should get a high draft pick...1st, 2nd overall, hopefully.

Hope Granlund fully recovers.

We're not going to lose the remainder of our games. I expect at least a couple of wins here and an OT/SO loss. Got a feeling we can beat the Jets and the Kings to knock them out of the playoffs if they're not out already.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Nope, but they are, essentially, in the playoffs right now.  Every single game they play is the most important game of the year, and the intensity level of the games is terrific and the young prospects are eating it up.  Its the most enjoyment I've gotten watching hockey since the 2011 run.

I'd love to see Boeser get that experience and help the team.  They need some goals.  Then add in Gaunce and Goldobin

In any case, whatever happens up here, sure looks like Utica got stacked quick!

With Demko smashing planets, and you add Goldobin (hypothetically), Dahlen, Boeser, and sprinkle in the MacEwen's and the Chatfields.... I haven't watched that many games this year but I'm gonna have to tune in here more often over the last stretch.

29 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Put him on the "Vladamir Krutov Crash Diet for New Americans"

Loads of Ground Beef, hot dogs, and beer. And no gym time.

He'll be up to 220 in no time :lol:

Archived