The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Markus Granlund to undergo wrist surgery

b3.

11 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

They should do the same with Sutter, it's obvious something is still hampering that wrist and he can't shoot the puck like he should be able to.

Yeah, agreed about Sutter. Seems like the worst kept secret on the team that he's playing through something. Just shut him down now so he can get as much time as possible to be ready for next year.

Shame Granlund won't get his 20th. I suspect he's known for a little while that this was the plan and that's why he and his teammates were really pushing for that 20th goal (especially that recent game where he had a ton of shots). But definitely makes sense to do surgery now and give him a long period to rehab, recover, and be fully trained for next year's camp and season.

I'd like to see the twins get some rest too because they seem both to be nursing something. Maybe just some minor tweaks or soreness, but why not sit them out for a few games here and there, just so there's no chance they aggravate something else and end up needing rehab over the summer.

Play the kids. Rest the vets. And shut down anybody who's banged up/injured.

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder how long he's been dealing with this injury?

If he was able to accomplish what he did while playing part of the season hurt, WOW. Imagine what he'll be able to do when he's healthy.

Apparently it has been bothering him for several years.

In honour of Granlund, who really took a step forward this season and proved how most of CDC (including myself) was wrong when the trade happened last year. Speedy recovery and hope to hear a lot more of this next season:

Looking at the upcoming schedule...that 65 pts projection may come true...need one more win to prove them wrong;

All said and done, the prediction may not be that far off.

Should get a high draft pick...1st, 2nd overall, hopefully.

Hope Granlund fully recovers.

Archived