The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Markus Granlund to undergo wrist surgery

b3.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

It's apparently been bothering him for several years.

Clearly Calgary didn't care enough to have him get it fixed. Glad to see the Canucks are doing the right thing and getting his body back to 100%

Granny with the sore joints lol

12 minutes ago, mll said:

It's apparently been bothering him for several years.

SEVERAL YEARS ?

If true, that would mean this goes back to when he was just a prospect with the Flames. Why would they not take care of this then? 

32 minutes ago, nickels said:

This is good news. The fact that we're actually trying to win games at this point is ridiculous.

He's been our most dangerous forward as of late. 

Wish Tanev and or Edler would be given some rest.

We have a slim chance to reach the 2nd last spot and should be doing everything to get there.

Every point from here on in is very bad for the potential future of club....

I don't there is much payoff to tanking at this stage. The changes in the lottery probabilities as you move from, say 29th overall to 25th overall are not that great. And,  the differences between players are not so great this year. There is no McDavid or Eichel or Matthews or Laine in this year's draft. Yeah, there is a consensus 1 and 2 (Patrick and Hischier) and Vilardi and Liljegren come into the conversation at 3 and 4 and then maybe Mittelstadt and Tippet, but none of those guys is a blue chip franchise player and any of them might turn out to be a franchise quality player.

However, the Canucks need to come into next year healthy. Tanev has been battling injuries all year and should not play again this year. Sutter is obviously hurting and I agree he should be shut down. I know the Canucks want to get Guddy back before the season ends, but I am not sure I see the point. Better not to hurry back and risk re-injury.

16 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

This injury will carry over into the off season , does this affect his expansion draft eligibility?

Injured Players

Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed the previous 60+ consecutive games due to an injury, do not meet the criteria set forth by the league in respect to the minimum exposure requirements for players, and in certain cases these players may even be deemed as exempt from the Expansion Draft selection process

12 minutes ago, SuitnTie said:

Time to recall JAKE!! He's been doing so well, and if he gets a chance he's gonna give it 110%. 

He's playing meaningful games in Utica and making an impact.  Why pull him out of that situation for meaningless games for Vancouver.

Archived