The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Markus Granlund to undergo wrist surgery

b3.

1 minute ago, redhdlois said:

On 1040 earlier today it was either Dave Tomlinson or John Abbott that said Sutter's wrist/hand is wrapped up a lot.

He's had a bad wrist for 4 years. Similar to Granlund. I'm assuming these guys know what they're talking about since they have access to top shelf care.

After 4 years though, you'd think it's something that requires more than just "rest" - which you get pretty much zero of during a season.

:wacko:

10 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

By "they" I meant it was a conversation they will have with him, to be sure.

But I agree, all things considered I don't see why he wouldn't jump right in. It's not like we don't have room and/or are competing for anything other than pride. 

His coach said he'd probably be able to do just that. 

Ideally, he signs an ATO so he can play meaningful games and hopefully playoffs in Utica, but I highly doubt it.

13 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

for 4 years?

untreated it can really screw up your hand. 

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/335690

It can flare up and then be dormant for a long time. I know cause I have it.  I haven't treated it but the surgery is pretty easy apparently, just snip the tendons I believe and the pain is gone. Its almost like removing your tonsils, so I hear.

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Ideally, he signs an ATO so he can play meaningful games and hopefully playoffs in Utica, but I highly doubt it.

We'll know on Thursday. If ND loses to Boston he's available to us (or Utica) 
If they win, we'll have to wait til next year.

Utica is 1 point behind St. Johns for the final playoff spot in their division, with 12 games left. So no guarantee there either. 

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why are we trading for guys with chronic injuries: Gudbranson, Sutter, and .Granlund?  I like these players, but don't they get physicals or something before a trade is consummated?

Sutter before he came here missed a grand total of less than 10 games his whole career I think, maybe even less. It's just a string of bad luck, it helps the tank lol.

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, agreed about Sutter. Seems like the worst kept secret on the team that he's playing through something. Just shut him down now so he can get as much time as possible to be ready for next year.

Shame Granlund won't get his 20th. I suspect he's known for a little while that this was the plan and that's why he and his teammates were really pushing for that 20th goal (especially that recent game where he had a ton of shots). But definitely makes sense to do surgery now and give him a long period to rehab, recover, and be fully trained for next year's camp and season.

I'd like to see the twins get some rest too because they seem both to be nursing something. Maybe just some minor tweaks or soreness, but why not sit them out for a few games here and there, just so there's no chance they aggravate something else and end up needing rehab over the summer.

Play the kids. Rest the vets. And shut down anybody who's banged up/injured.

It makes too much sense so that means Canucks won't do it.

The lineup will probably be.

Sedin-Sedin-Megna

Baertchi-Horvat-Goldobin

Shore-Sutter-Boucher

Camarossa-Chaput-Skille

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

It makes too much sense so that means Canucks won't do it.

The lineup will probably be.

Sedin-Sedin-Megna

Baertchi-Horvat-Goldobin

Shore-Sutter-Boucher

Camarossa-Chaput-Skille

Move Chaput up with the Sedins and put Biega in his spot and that's an acceptable lineup.  WD needs to be fired on the spot if he puts Megna on the top line.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Move Chaput up with the Sedins and put Biega in his spot and that's an acceptable lineup.  WD needs to be fired on the spot if he puts Megna on the top line.

I wanna see Biega with the twins.

It's Chicago. We're going to get our ass kicked anyway. Might ass well try something new. And Biega's looked like Raffi Torres lately. 

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I think he might. They are playing in Chicago and Megnas team he likes watching is the Blackhawks.

1 minute ago, darkpoet said:

I wanna see Biega with the twins.

It's Chicago. We're going to get our ass kicked anyway. Might ass well try something new. And Biega's looked like Raffi Torres lately. 

Wouldn't mind that at all.  He's been surprisingly effective as a forward.

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

As per Abbott.  At practice today Chaput was with the Sedins.  Boucher with Baer-Horvat.  Biega was taking line rushes on the 4th.

Cramarossa was skating with Larsen - probably means that Skille is ready to return.  He's on the trip but Gaunce and Eriksson are not.  According to WD Goldobin will probably miss another couple of games.

10 minutes ago, mll said:

As per Abbott.  At practice today Chaput was with the Sedins.  Boucher with Baer-Horvat.  Biega was taking line rushes on the 4th.

Cramarossa was skating with Larsen - probably means that Skille is ready to return.  He's on the trip but Gaunce and Eriksson are not.  According to WD Goldobin will probably miss another couple of games.

Nice job by Benning to force Willie to ice a reasonable lineup.

"If the rule we followed, brought us to here...of what use was the rule!?"

We should admit our$h*tuation..there'd be more dignity in it.

..Yes folks, at this point we must collectively feel like Carson Wells being trolled by a psychopathic hockeyGawd, in form of Anton Chiguhr with a vengeance.

Nasty run of fortune. Perhaps ALL this lame luck reverses at the draft-lotto?

Archived