The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marky out due to food poisoning

Beary Sweet

34 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

Isn't food poisoning a proactive way of saying hungover? JK. The Canucks don't drink. 

If he's coming off of injury and drinks himself to the point where he can't play due to the hangover, he'd sure as hell be starting if I was the coach.  I highly doubt Markstrom's that unprofessional though.

I do recall being shocked as to what fare they served on the jet, I believe it was the video where Stech was the waiter. Looked like the frozen lasagna you'd find at the supermarket. I rolled my eyes in disbelief! They should be aware of superfoods and actually apply proper nutrition. You have to think that with all this food poisoning stuff going on, that Linden and co. will be doing something about it now?

7 minutes ago, Western Red said:

I do recall being shocked as to what fare they served on the jet, I believe it was the video where Stech was the waiter. Looked like the frozen lasagna you'd find at the supermarket. I rolled my eyes in disbelief! They should be aware of superfoods and actually apply proper nutrition. You have to think that with all this food poisoning stuff going on, that Linden and co. will be doing something about it now?

You can't stop the guys from going to their favorite restaurant. 

3 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Its bad, but it still doesn't top Sopel's back injury from trying to pick up a cracker. 

You know the old saying, "the straw that broke the camels back"?

Think of the cracker as that straw.

If you have never suffered from that type of injury it might seem that it happened when you went to pick up that cracker. If you have had that injury previously you may get up in the morning knowing that anything could set your back off. The cracker, or more specifically the act of bending to pick it up, is merely the tipping point at which your back twinges. 

3 hours ago, Squamfan said:

or when salo got bit by a rare poisonous snake in finland. Still remember jim hudgson. "There aren't many poisonous snakes in Finland but salo somehow managed to find one under his deck"

You can literally say that Salo is "snake-bitten" with injuries, lol.  

3 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Honestly, I call BS.

I haven't got food poisoning once in my life and I've eaten copious amounts of food that anyone else would consider past due. Take a poop and man up Marky.

Try eating raw chicken or something that has touched raw chicken.  It's not fun.

35 minutes ago, Western Red said:

Superfoods are a marketing gimic to con people out of their money.

25 minutes ago, lmm said:

You know the old saying, "the straw that broke the camels back"?

Think of the cracker as that straw.

If you have never suffered from that type of injury it might seem that it happened when you went to pick up that cracker. If you have had that injury previously you may get up in the morning knowing that anything could set your back off. The cracker, or more specifically the act of bending to pick it up, is merely the tipping point at which your back twinges. 

Ruptured a disc in my back reaching.. didn't happen flipping semi truck tires.. but happened when I leaned to the right.  

2 minutes ago, Western Red said:

That is a laughable comment.

I should probably clarify that further.  All a "superfood" is is a nutrient dense food.  Where it becomes a marketing gimic is when the general public, generally with very little if any nutritional knowledge, assume due to the advertising or wording that it somehow conveys remarkable health benefits to the consumer.  The only thing "laughable" about this discussion is to suggest the Canucks should be consuming them, as it shows how little you know about nutrition.

Archived