The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Matthew Tkachuk suspended 2 games

Guys a gritty,  skilled competitor,  but I'm very glad in hindsight we passed on him.  We're beginning a new chapter of this organization and don't need the reputation this kid brings with him imo.  We're just getting rid of the bad rep we had there for a while.  

This kid is going to have a short career if he doesn't wise up. He's not shifty like Marchand to get out of the way when people start coming back at him

He's already earning a reputation as a cheap shot artist and he chirps and has that idiot grin on his face. Personally, I am glad we don't have this classless idiot on our team. If he was a nuck he'd have been suspended 5 times already

He will cost calgary games and important games in the playoffs from his stupidity wait and see. 

I'll have to take a look at this elbow. I'm sure Doughty pissed him off but he's an infant in the league and still a minor in the US. Sounds like he's not destined to be as legendary as his father. Smaller stature and different league nowadays.

Burkie probably whispers sweet nothings into his ear at night tho.

EDIT: Just saw it.. Wow is he ever his fathers son. That was a greasy, sneaky play. Type of guy that would shank you from behind. Makes my skin crawl.

44 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I wonder how many games Bure would be suspended for in this era with his elbow?

76. 74 of those are for being a Canuck.

Back to the OP - I hated his Dad, now I can have a generational hate bomb.

The kid is a greasy little spoiled brat, can't wait for him to get tuned up.

It's not as though I even like Doughty, but, it's Doughty and he's a premier dman in the league. Young Tkchuck now has two targets on his back - one from the league, one from the players. You'd be hard pressed to find many players who respect that kind of dirty crap, there are some though.

53 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I wonder how many games Bure would be suspended for in this era with his elbow?

That elbow was amazing, form the perspective that Bure had been eating Stars turds all series and stood up for himself. Never liked Dallas, never will. Since Bure was a star player, maybe 1 game. 

1 hour ago, HerrDrFunk said:

That was, word for word, what I was going to post.

I can't deny the kid is great at hockey but if he's going to pull crap like this on the regular, I'm glad Benning passed on him. 

I was pissed Benning passed on him. Exactly what this team needs a tough in yer face forward.Word has it he was slashed by Doughboy and ate an elbow for it. Kid sent a message..I dont care if you are a superstar you pull that crap with me you will get it back just as hard. Doughty has had that coming for years.

29 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

He's 19 years old with 46 points so far. 

He will probably mature. Regardless, don't deny you wouldn't want this guy on your team putting up those kinds of numbers in a rookie year fresh from junior.

I doubt he would have hit half of that point total if he was on Willie's Canucks this year. 

Archived