The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Matthew Tkachuk suspended 2 games

Dirty as ****

That being said, he's a young kid trying to make an impression, glad he got suspended and he will probably get a couple more suspensions over the next couple of years.

If he does keep this bs up, I hope Tree-man runs him "through" the boards and puts him in a body cast.

Marchand is a gutless puke who has already made it, goes out of his way to injure others and doesn't seem to learn or care about the safety of others. Tkachuck is a dumb stupid kid running around like a goof, keeps this up for long enough though, he will be in Marchand territory and will be a marked man during games.

As Don Cherry would say... "Keep your head up kid..."

40 minutes ago, ice orca said:

I was pissed Benning passed on him. Exactly what this team needs a tough in yer face forward.Word has it he was slashed by Doughboy and ate an elbow for it. Kid sent a message..I dont care if you are a superstar you pull that crap with me you will get it back just as hard. Doughty has had that coming for years.

22 replies so far and you are the only one not whining about this play/kid.

He is my new favorite Flame...

until he does that to one of ours.

Meantime HE BUSTED DREW DOUGHTY IN THE CHOPS!!!!!

Kudos to the kid

A star is born. Tkachuk has truly arrived on stage. He'll be a star player in this league moving forward. 

Doughty is a cocky player, he even swears at his own team mates and tells them off. He was on Tkachuk during the game, earlier Doughty  gave Tkachuck a pretty good slash and even admitted afterwards that he might have pushed the kid and he admitted that partially it's his fault and that he likes to get under peoples skin. 

Tkachuk showed he won't put up with crap. 

I like the OJ draft pick. But this kid has truly arrived on the scene. He's going to be great in the playoffs. Looking forward to watching him. And the other Canadian teams. It's gonna be a fun playoffs this year with 5 Canadian teams in. 

5 hours ago, PlanB said:

Guys a gritty,  skilled competitor,  but I'm very glad in hindsight we passed on him.  We're beginning a new chapter of this organization and don't need the reputation this kid brings with him imo.  We're just getting rid of the bad rep we had there for a while.  

Yes because where has refusing to play dirty gotten us? Oh right, it lost us a chance at a Stanley Cup.

4 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

he plays like his dad...  as fans, u hate him but likes when hes on your team.. young guy and put up points already..  fans say they dont want him because they are making excuse to themselves so they feel better... :lol::lol:

I actually prefer Juolevi - gutless plays like that don't help a team - Juolevi is a better player all around and will be more valuable to us long term anyways

easy to point to a rookie season and say omg omg - alot of players have strong rookie years or years in general and can never repeat it. You know why? because teams start playing them harder, focusing on them and they have to adjust - Tkatchuks lack of speed /skating will affect him the same way it has the twins and in a league valuing speed and skating more and more time will tell if he can manage to play a game where he's being played harder.

8 hours ago, Glory_Days said:

Dirty as ****

That being said, he's a young kid trying to make an impression, glad he got suspended and he will probably get a couple more suspensions over the next couple of years.

If he does keep this bs up, I hope Tree-man runs him "through" the boards and puts him in a body cast.

Marchand is a gutless puke who has already made it, goes out of his way to injure others and doesn't seem to learn or care about the safety of others. Tkachuck is a dumb stupid kid running around like a goof, keeps this up for long enough though, he will be in Marchand territory and will be a marked man during games.

As Don Cherry would say... "Keep your head up kid..."

Hope you realise that was hi first penalty in the last 22 games the last one being a hooking call according to 1040 today. Lol righteous guys like you call him dirty but want Tryamkin to put him in a body cast. 

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

He's 19 years old with 46 points so far. 

He will probably mature. Regardless, don't deny you wouldn't want this guy on your team putting up those kinds of numbers in a rookie year fresh from junior.

This.

Everyone in Calgary LOVES having this guy in the team. And Vancouver fans would feel the same if we took him instead. 

All the "I'm glad we didn't take this guy" is just helping people deal with the jealousy. Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Ya he's be second in team scoring  on Canucks just behind Bo... 

Anyone who is actually happy we passed on him needs to check themselves .. typical Vancouver fandom reaction.. kid had 40 points n won the memorial cup , scoring the game winner.. Juolevi better be a Lidstrom in the making 

4 hours ago, ice orca said:

Hope you realise that was hi first penalty in the last 22 games the last one being a hooking call according to 1040 today. Lol righteous guys like you call him dirty but want Tryamkin to put him in a body cast. 

I think people are viewing him as dirty for his dirty plays, not his run of the mill penalty minutes.  If we judged by run of the mill penalty minutes Daniel would be dirtier than Tkachuk in the last 25 games.

Elbow to the head of Winnipeg's Lemieux in the pre-season, then cross checks him while he is down:

Slew foot of Davidson which put him out for over a month

Head butt of Scandella (This one is very Marchand-like):

https://streamable.com/lns3

Slew foot of Marincin

Elbow to the head of Jeff Carter:

https://streamable.com/0o3n

All in his first season, and the season isnt even over yet.  I think he was on the league's radar for a while.

No offense but people claiming that he's dirty as a reason why you wouldn't want him on your team act like we didn't just have Kesler and Burrows on our team for 10+ seasons.

Tkachuk plays on the edge, as does Kes, as does Keith, as does Brown, as does Marchand, as does Perry, as did Burrows.  I mean we all cheered when Prust speared a player in the nuts. 

I hope that when Jake makes the jump that he also plays on the edge.  Being hated is a sign that you're getting under the other teams skin. 

42 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

I think people are viewing him as dirty for his dirty plays, not his run of the mill penalty minutes.  If we judged by run of the mill penalty minutes Daniel would be dirtier than Tkachuk.

Elbow to the head of Winnipeg's Lemieux in the pre-season, then cross checks him while he is down:

Slew foot of Davidson which put him out for over a month

Head butt of Scandella (This one is very Marchand-like):

https://streamable.com/lns3

Slew foot of Marincin

Elbow to the head of Jeff Carter:

https://streamable.com/0o3n

All in his first season, and the season isnt even over yet.  I think he was on the league's radar for a while.

Damn... I didn't even know about all of those. I knew some and thought he was dirty but wow. Good player but wow, and in your first season too? Come on Tkatchuk...

8 hours ago, BoDangles53 said:

aaron rome says hi

That wasn't what I'd call a dirty play. Literally half a second too late. I believe it was Lucic who said that they knew by the second game that there wasn't going to be any pushback from the Canucks. Just paraphrasing.

And I'm not advocating for Tkatchuk to be on the team. The guy is definitely a piece of work. But the one thing that has been missing from the Canucks lately has been bite.

Love that it was on doughty.  So awesome.

wish he was a Canuck.

will get his due in sure but whatever.  Puts points on the board, loved by his fans and I'm sure his team, plays with an edge.  I'd watch this type of game over whatever this league is heading towards.

Archived