The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to? Metal version!

Rate this topic

Coconuts

On 21/03/2017 at 0:18 PM, Coconuts said:

I'm using the term "metal" pretty loosely here as everyone's got a different take on what's metal and what's not metal. Let's hear what you've got? From crossover thrash to doom, from power to death, from symphonic to black and every genre and subgenre under the metal umbrella you can think of.

You are my friend! =)

I listened to Vektor's "Terminal Redux", among other things, about 5 times straight through over the last five days on a 3800km road trip.  I've owned the album for a couple months but in this trip I really had the time to crank it up, immerse myself in it and attend to the details.  

Terminal Redux is one of the best albums I've ever heard - of any genre.  

A concept album that artistically involves some of the best technical instrument playing skill in metal at the least.  When I say artistically I mean that while achieving heavy, fast paced intensity, there are other dynamics and experimental elements on the album that I didn't expect and totally worked.  Clean vocals and guitar tones at times. Female background vocals and atmospheric arrangements.  

Vektor is a detail tech oriented trash metal four piece with black metal elements (vocal style and drumming) as well as a lot of prog.  The shortest song is 5 mins and some are 7,9 and even 13.

really the album should be listened to start to finish as the songs are all part of a story and blend into each other.  So set aside 70minutes and enjoy.

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 1