The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to? Metal version!

Rate this topic

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

check this album out @riffraff  

2nd track my fave

Thanks!

i have all the time in the world for good thrash.

thats why I love the above vektor: Quality thrash with technical prog tendencies and of course blistering solos.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

That's a wicked cover! First time I've heard it... Must be something wrong with me?!

Seen these guys a few times, awesome show, tons of fun.

(Not nearly as good as the superallstarmegaradmetalcoverband with Lemmy you posted) and I doubt we'll be seeing them for a while considering their guitarist just got busted smuggling a guitar case full of blow into Japan...

Without further ado- POWERCLOWN-

• Cheers 1

For anyone who's ever wondered about the missing bass on this album, Newsted's bass parts are awesome and it's a crime it was mixed out.  This attempt to tease out his parts digitally isn't the perfect and the ends are cut off a little on a couple of songs (and kudos to the digital wizard who figured out how to dig those parts out from the mix) but still sounds better than the original.  Couldn't listen to the original mix after hearing this:

Edited by Undrafted
  • Thanks 1
On 2018-03-28 at 2:56 PM, Undrafted said:

For anyone who's ever wondered about the missing bass on this album, Newsted's bass parts are awesome and it's a crime it was mixed out.  This attempt to tease out his parts digitally isn't the perfect and the ends are cut off a little on a couple of songs (and kudos to the digital wizard who figured out how to dig those parts out from the mix) but still sounds better than the original.  Couldn't listen to the original mix after hearing this:

Great songs in this album.  Bizarre how bad the original recording is. Back in the day when I listened to this on headphones, (when headphones were fairly basic), the treble hurt me ears.

1 minute ago, riffraff said:

Great songs in this album.  Bizarre how bad the original recording is. Back in the day when I listened to this on headphones, (when headphones were fairly basic), the treble hurt me ears.

You can blame that on Lars.  The engineer from the record told the story of what happened: Lars insisted that he turn down the bass track in the mix by -6dB and then by another -6dB.  I've also read that, according to the same engineer, an official re-mix is impossible because the original analogue tapes are in too poor condition to be used.

1 minute ago, Undrafted said:

You can blame that on Lars.  The engineer from the record told the story of what happened: Lars insisted that he turn down the bass track in the mix by -6dB and then by another -6dB.  I've also read that, according to the same engineer, an official re-mix is impossible because the original analogue tapes are in too poor condition to be used.

Thanks for this info.  What was Lars thinking?  Ironically, imo, I always found him/his drumming to be the weakest link.  As far as metal drumming is concerned I'd consider his style pretty vanilla to say the least.  The Phil Rudd of metal.