The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to? Metal version!

Rate this topic

Coconuts

8 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Thanks for this info.  What was Lars thinking?  Ironically, imo, I always found him/his drumming to be the weakest link.  As far as metal drumming is concerned I'd consider his style pretty vanilla to say the least.  The Phil Rudd of metal.

Oh, you're dead on when it comes to Lars drumming, but Lars would be the first to disagree with you ;)  Lars has a deserved reputation for being a total a$$. 

There's two different stories about why he did that--one relates to 'hazing' Newsted as the new guy and how he'd never truly replace Burton, the second is that Lars felt the bass interfered with how much his drums came out in the mix.

2 hours ago, Undrafted said:

Oh, you're dead on when it comes to Lars drumming, but Lars would be the first to disagree with you ;)  Lars has a deserved reputation for being a total a$$. 

There's two different stories about why he did that--one relates to 'hazing' Newsted as the new guy and how he'd never truly replace Burton, the second is that Lars felt the bass interfered with how much his drums came out in the mix.

Lol

• Cheers 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 11:03 AM, Swedish elite3 said:

So who's all going to the massive Slayer tour? And is anyone else going to the penticton show? 

I wanted to check em out in Van but it was during the week and I just couldn't make it work around work. I hope you have fun though!