The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to? Metal version!

Rate this topic

Coconuts

12 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

forgot how sweet this album is

Isn't it insane to think about how small Sweden is in terms of population yet they have produced (it feels like) about 50% of the best metal bands of the last 20 years.    

• Cheers 1
1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Isn't it insane to think about how small Sweden is in terms of population yet they have produced (it feels like) about 50% of the best metal bands of the last 20 years.    

totally.  I think the high quality of music sets a really high standard for new musicians too.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I was buds with Adrian White when hes was playing with SYL.

We used to hang at the Luvafair all the time and play drums often. he also lived in the same building as me

He went on to play with FLA and I lost track of him. He was such a nice dude and one of the fastest drummers I've ever know.

He said to me once,when i had started a sentence like... ' I can't do that' ( talking about difficult parts) he replied " i don't know what word you just used...it sounded like can but different"

He didn't allow the word 'can't' into his vocabulary. I've often thought of that in the last 20 years since I've seen him.

Thank god for youtube. I found this old footage, Devon can't be heard but you can hear lovely Adrian galloping away and making it look easy.

Hope you're doing well out there Mr White

• Cheers 1
7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Absolutely awesome!   I need to learn this!   Great slides.   Nice style in general.   

How about this as a cover to enjoy right back?

I've been listening to it on repeat since I posted it, the tone is so nice! 

And I love that cover, Leo's fantastic in general and he's always got some wicked people who come in and play with him. I love her vocals! 

• Upvote 1