The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to? Metal version!

Rate this topic

Coconuts

@bishopshodan

saw them hem at the commodore on their release of crack the skye.

they played the album start to finish in sequence without breaks and then went into some older classics.

it was one of the shows where everyone sounded good.  The mixing was right etc.  Nobody had a throat infection or was interplanetary on drugs.  Great performance.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, riffraff said:

@bishopshodan

saw them hem at the commodore on their release of crack the skye.

they played the album start to finish in sequence without breaks and then went into some older classics.

it was one of the shows where everyone sounded good.  The mixing was right etc.  Nobody had a throat infection or was interplanetary on drugs.  Great performance.

I'd really like to see them.

They came with Clutch once, I'm a big fan, I actually don't know why but there is something about Neil Fallons lyrics and humour that I love. Pretty annoyed I missed that show.

54 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'd really like to see them.

They came with Clutch once, I'm a big fan, I actually don't know why but there is something about Neil Fallons lyrics and humour that I love. Pretty annoyed I missed that show.

I may have been lucky....I’ve YouTubed a fair bit of footage especially from that era and some live shows are pretty bad.  Brent Hinds has been a madman at times and it drastically effects his performance.

• Cheers 1
  • 3 weeks later...

An influence on me when I started playing drums was a school band mate in grade 6, Angie.

She was soo good and I remember asking her for tips.

This morning I saw a clip on a news program of a young 8 year old girl that was killing it on the skins.

After the clip the female hosts were so impressed saying their should be more female drummers ( clueless types). I never really had thought about it, I know rock etc has traditionally attracted males but to me girls have always been able to slay too!

I got to work and felt like listening to Lamb of God and came across this beautiful awesomeness. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1