The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on TSN 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB is definitely going to draft elite skilled forwards these next two drafts.  Middlestadt, Alf predicts, will be the most elite of this draft.

I feel like hes just benefitting from playing highschool opponents right now but he was a great player when he played in the USHL. Personally I like Vilardi more. 

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Draft day could be interesting as usual.  Expansion day should be interesting too.  Very curious to see what our new division rival will start out like especially if PIT doesn't move Fleury and Murray is available.  They may live to regret holding on to him for the playoffs if there are no takers after. 

Not sure how Benning will get a high scoring forward by trading a defenseman ( unless a package with maybe Tanev works for somebody) but he could pinch a twenty goal scorer somewhere no problem which would help the forward group. 

Cant wait till draft day...!

I think Pittsburgh will obviously do everything they can to move Fleury in the off-season but, if that fails, I'm pretty sure their contingency plan would be to buy him out. I just can't see them letting Murray go in the draft.

13 minutes ago, Gloku said:

I thought mittelstadt played for his high school team still.  Or I could be wrong 

Sounds like when his high school season was over he joined Green Bay in the USHL...Green bay plays on Friday and Saturday...Benning said he was going to watch a USHL game...just making assumptions here I guess...

Its kinda confusing but its all here regarding where he played:

http://puckprose.com/2017/01/16/nhl-draft-profile-casey-mittelstadt-green-bay-ushl/

21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

he could pinch a twenty goal scorer somewhere no problem which would help the forward group. 

Hope you are correct,  but realistically JB was actively looking for scoring help for about a year and a half now and has been unsuccessful - what's significantly changed?  

32 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Nah.. By the time Boeser gets here (next season) Willie will already be gone. ;)

Depending on when Boeser's UND season is done, he could very well be playing games here towards the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Hope you are correct,  but realistically JB was actively looking for scoring help for about a year and a half now and has been unsuccessful - what's significantly changed?  

Well, I don't think he's been offering up a guy like Hutton previously. Something he may be considering now...

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Granlund, Goldobin... Dahlen down the line. All within the last 1.5 years FWIW.

Archived