The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on TSN 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"There's some real good players (after Patrick, Hischier), I feel confident we're going to get another real good player" - Benning on draft

Benning sounds a bit too confident for a GM who has a less than stellar first round draft record... 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

JB is definitely going to draft elite skilled forwards these next two drafts.  Middlestadt, Alf predicts, will be the most elite of this draft.

I like him too. but I'm scared of losing a top 5 pick due to poor NCAA nhl team protection rules.  he is from the MIN region if is heard right.  

players from MIN area scare me lol.  they like to join their local team.

But WD said Goldy needed to miss a couple more games because he is still sick and not ready, which was going to be Saturday.... I thought he needed to practice more and get his strength up according to some experts here.... But Benning says he's fine and cleared to play.....

I'll say it again like I did yesterday, Goldy finally gets in because of injuries to other players, it's a prime example of how much of a joke WD really is especially since he's ready to play, but WD wanted to wait until Saturday just so Goldy could practice more to learn his stupid system. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

But WD said Goldy needed to miss a couple more games because he is still sick and not ready, which was going to be Saturday.... I thought he needed to practice more and get his strength up according to some experts here.... But Benning says he's fine and cleared to play.....

I'll say it again like I did yesterday, Goldy finally gets in because of injuries to other players, it's a prime example of how much of a joke WD really is especially since he's ready to play, but WD wanted to wait until Saturday just so Goldy could practice more to learn his stupid system. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Hope you are correct,  but realistically JB was actively looking for scoring help for about a year and a half now and has been unsuccessful - what's significantly changed?  

The blue line is deeper and we have a better trade asset.  

22 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I like him too. but I'm scared of losing a top 5 pick due to poor NCAA nhl team protection rules.  he is from the MIN region if is heard right.  

On the flip side, not many first round picks play more than 2-3 years in college.  It's risky and most want to get paid!

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Depending on when Boeser's UND season is done, he could very well be playing games here towards the end of the season.

I do realize that is a possibility, I just don't see it as likely. I think UND will go far again and he would still have to sign a contract. By then we will either be done or have 1 or 2 games left, which I doubt they would rush him into at that point. 

Just now, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I do realize that is a possibility, I just don't see it as likely. I think UND will go far again and he would still have to sign a contract. By then we will either be done or have 1 or 2 games left, which I doubt they would rush him into at that point. 

He might insist to knock a year off his ELC...

34 minutes ago, guntrix said:

Benning sounds a bit too confident for a GM who has a less than stellar first round draft record... 

Lmfao give it a rest.  His drafting has been fine. It's MUCH too early to say how any of those picks will pan out.

39 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Boeser is also from Minny, and he's signing here so we shouldn't worry much. Players that usually bolt are players drafted later in the draft who turn it up in their senior years. Most first rounders only play 1-2 years and they're ready for the big leagues.

2 hours ago, Darius71 said:

When asked if he was going to watch Boeser play live on Friday he said no....he said that he was going to watch a USHL game ....Mittelstadt perhaps?

I sure hope so! I'm drooling over this kid! I think he's going to end up being the best player in the draft - and he's not really being talked about as top 2 potential

6'1 200 lbs already, great skater, sees the ice well and said to make the players around him better -great puck distrubuter-sounds like Henrik 2.0 with speed and a shot lol

20 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Hope you are correct,  but realistically JB was actively looking for scoring help for about a year and a half now and has been unsuccessful - what's significantly changed?  

Well we could start with that he has filled his more pressing needs on D and he did add scoring Goldobin, Dahlen, Boeser, Eriksson (previously a perennial 30G guy), Boucher, we are still just waiting for some of these fellas to pan out. Not all of them will but surely some will. 

Archived