The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning on TSN 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't get the Benning haters. I think Benning has done a great job. TL/JB came in to a "stale core" and a depleted prospect pool and in a short time have completely turned that around. His trading and drafting record have been phenomenal. People point at Virtanen. Power forwards take longer to develop. Give the kid time. Even if Virtanen doesn't pan out as well as other picks in his draft class, Benning's record is still quite good. Like I said, I don't get it....

Now Willie Desjardins haters on the other hand... That I totally get. 

19 minutes ago, BoDangles53 said:

I sure hope so! I'm drooling over this kid! I think he's going to end up being the best player in the draft - and he's not really being talked about as top 2 potential

6'1 200 lbs already, great skater, sees the ice well and said to make the players around him better -great puck distrubuter-sounds like Henrik 2.0 with speed and a shot lol

I really like this guy too. Pettersson for comparison is only 170 for comparison at the same height.

One concern though Pettersson is putting up good numbers against MEN in a teen body still filling out.

Mittelstadt has a Man's body playing against highschool kids literally.

In the NHL he won't be the biggest,fastest,strongest, or smartest remains to be seen how he adjusts.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

JB is definitely going to draft elite skilled forwards these next two drafts.  Middlestadt, Alf predicts, will be the most elite of this draft.

I agree with Alf on this one. Kid has Kane type skill (Patrick not Evander)

2 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I really like this guy too. Pettersson for comparison is only 170 for comparison at the same height.

One concern though Pettersson is putting up good numbers against MEN in a teen body still filling out.

Mittelstadt has a Man's body playing against highschool kids literally.

In the NHL he won't be the biggest,fastest,strongest, or smartest remains to be seen how he adjusts.

Agreed but he's a skilled player and if he's not using his size as an advantage it matters little. USHL produces alot of great US players, so while you could argue speed differential and getting to the net etc is advantageous for him, Boeser played there as well so its clearly a good feeder.

I suspect what you stated is why he's not ranked / being talked about as one of the top 3 though for sure

1 minute ago, JamesBlondage said:

I agree with Alf on this one. Kid has Kane type skill (Patrick not Evander)

I wouldn't go that crazy but he's hella talented, a great skater, great puck distrubuter and he''s 6'1'' 200 lbs and a center 

Pretty much hits every check on our needs

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

He might insist to knock a year off his ELC...

If I'm JB i'm fine with it. 

It doesn't make much of difference with the Sedins coming off the books at the end of next season.

That's $14 Million right there. Think about all that money!

4 hours ago, Darius71 said:

When asked if he was going to watch Boeser play live on Friday he said no....he said that he was going to watch a USHL game ....Mittelstadt perhaps?

Watching Boeser at this point would be like being a fan; admiring his work.

Benning always looking to improve the team.  No Jeff, I'm going to scout for the draft!  Next question Jeff.

10 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Miller had his best year in ages but better take 4 mil or look elsewhere I'm betting. 

This year they're 6.0 + 1.55 = 7.55 in goal

Marky is already on the books at a $3.8M cap hit for next year.  How high do they want to go?  Because they also have to sign Horvat, Tryamkin, and Megna

I don't buy JB anymore. looking at how prospects from other teams compare to what we have,  it's insane how we manage to take the least of them. Nylander, Konecny, Tkachuk could have instantly turned our team around, they were expected to be the best player too.

Just hoping for JB to not be like the past drafts and  pick somebody like he sees something that nobody doesn't.

9 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

I don't buy JB anymore. looking at how prospects from other teams compare to what we have,  it's insane how we manage to take the least of them. Nylander, Konecny, Tkachuk could have instantly turned our team around, they were expected to be the best player too.

Just hoping for JB to not be like the past drafts and  pick somebody like he sees something that nobody doesn't.

You're not being patient enough with our young players 

Archived