The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal/Discussion] The Plan

I believe we should trade Sbisa, Sutter and our two 2nd's (I'm pretty sure Columbus will give us the 2nd this year because next year is a deeper draft) for Reinhart. In Sutter, they are getting a great PK and face off guy and with Sbisa it helps solidify their defence. Now you add in the two seconds, one of which is going to be between the 32-36 picks and I believe this could be a good hockey trade that helps both teams. We may need to take some salary back but that shouldn't be a problem. 

To Canucks:

Sam Reinhart

(Salary offset)

To Buffalo:

Sutter

Sbisa

2nd round pick (Canucks)

2nd round pick (Columbus)

I think signing Eriksson was a mistake, the pressure of producing with the Sedins or just producing in general has gotten to him. Like Vrbata, I think he would better produce on a different team. Trade him to whoever and for whatever you can get for him. Or maybe ask him to waive his NMC and expose him in the expansion draft and make a deal with Vegas to take Eriksson. 

If not, then this would leave Gaunce, Biega, and Bachman exposed for the draft and I think Vegas takes Gaunce. (I know we need to expose 2 forwards but I'm not sure who else would be eligible)

Now as as for the draft I believe the Canucks should target Liljegren. This would help solidify our defence for the future. Joulevi, Liljegren, Hutton, Gudbranson, Tryamkin and Stecher - a good mix of size and skill. With the addition of Liljegren I believe we can now go ahead and trade Tanev, think Larsson for Hall. The player I'm hoping the Canucks should target is Max Domi. The Coyotes have come out and said they want help on the right side for OEL and Tanev would complement the offensive Ekman-Larsson perfectly.  However, I do think Arizona should add to the trade because Tanev is an established top pairing defensive-defenseman where as Max Domi isn't quite there just yet. 

To Canucks:

Max Domi

(Pick)

To Arizona:

Tanev

Lineup

Domi  - Reinhart  -  ?

Baertschi - Horvat -  Granlund 

Sedin - Sedin - ?

Cramarossa - Chaput - Dorsett

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson 

Tryamkin - ? 

50/50 Split

Miller (Assuming re-signed)

Markstrom

Now we are left with Goldobin, Boeser, Virtanen, Subban or a stop gap UFA Defensemen to fill in the ?'s. If Virtanen needs another season in Utica I'm all for it; he's been playing pretty well lately and hopefully with another year in Utica his offence picks up. Add Dahlen, Gaudette, Joulevi, Liljegren, Demko and our 2018 1st round pick to the mix and the future looks bright. 

What do you guys think?

If we got both those players this is a lineup I want to see next season then:

Domi  - Horvat  - Granlund  

Baertschi - Reinhart -  Virtanen 

Sedin - Sedin - Boeser

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson 

Tryamkin - Juolevi

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Buffalo can get a top pairing defensemen and more for Reinhart, why would they want that offer?

Buffalo "can" get a top pairing  defensemen but who's going to trade their top pairing defensemen for Reinhart. 

Top pairing defensemen is what every team needs to contend for the cup. They come at a premium. Would you trade Keith, Doughty, OEL, or Hedman and "more" for Reinhart? 

With this offer Buffalo gets a great penalty killer, great faceoff man, you solidify their backend; they have Ristolainen (top-pairing defensemen), McCabe, Bogosian, Kulikov, Franson, and now add Sbisa to the mix. The two 2nd's one of which is basically a late first and your telling me they wouldn't go for that offer. 

4 minutes ago, Doogie said:

Buffalo "can" get a top pairing  defensemen but who's going to trade their top pairing defensemen for Reinhart. 

Top pairing defensemen is what every team needs to contend for the cup. They come at a premium. Would you trade Keith, Doughty, OEL, or Hedman and "more" for Reinhart? 

With this offer Buffalo gets a great penalty killer, great faceoff man, you solidify their backend; they have Ristolainen (top-pairing defensemen), McCabe, Bogosian, Kulikov, Franson, and now add Sbisa to the mix. The two 2nd's one of which is basically a late first and your telling me they wouldn't go for that offer. 

If I'm Buffalo, I'm asking at least for Hutton/Stetcher/Tanev + a high pick.

49 minutes ago, J-23 said:

If we got both those players this is a lineup I want to see next season then:

Domi  - Horvat  - Granlund  

Baertschi - Reinhart -  Virtanen 

Sedin - Sedin - Boeser

Edler - Stecher

Hutton - Gudbranson 

Tryamkin - Juolevi

This is a nice lineup, size, skill, toughness and heart. We'd still have Goldobin, Dahlen, Gaudette, Liljegren, and Demko to add to the mix. 

Just now, Doogie said:

This is a nice lineup, size, skill, toughness and heart. We'd still have Goldobin, Dahlen, Gaudette, Liljegren, and Demko to add to the mix. 

Yes, Goldobin will have to be added somewhere. I don't think Dahlen and Gaudette will be playing on the roster next season. Also Biega and Labate, especially Biega deserve to be on the 4th line. The man hits everything he sees!

Wow. Just terrible. I thought the first one was bad.

Then I read the second one and laughed. Domi and a pick for Tanev? Maybe throw in Juolevi and the Yoted may listen. But they'd still say no.

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

Wow. Just terrible. I thought the first one was bad.

Then I read the second one and laughed. Domi and a pick for Tanev? Maybe throw in Juolevi and the Yoted may listen. But they'd still say no.

Wow!  You you don't see much value in Tanev.  Remember the Hall deal?  These trades are very fair, for both teams.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wow!  You you don't see much value in Tanev.  Remember the Hall deal?  These trades are very fair, for both teams.  

No, no they are not.

Oh I'm sorry, is that a personal attack?

4 minutes ago, Monty said:

No, no they are not.

Oh I'm sorry, is that a personal attack?

I accept your opinion, but feel (considering the Hall trade setting the price for proven d) both these trades - in that market - are fair.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I accept your opinion, but feel (considering the Hall trade setting the price for proven d) both these trades - in that market - are fair.  

Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows that the Oilers situation was incredibly different. They were desperate for a defenseman; more than any team around. There's a reason Seth Jones was swapped for Ryan Johanson.

The Oilers had the worst defensive depth in the NHL since Pronger left and were incapable of solving it through drafting and free agency. Buffalo isn't in that spot. 

And Tanev, who is a fine defensive defenseman, has shown that "what you see is what you get." That's not bad, but he's not even mildly "ok" offensively, he's non-existent offensively. And the Sabres already have two defenseman that don't contribute offensively in Gorges and Bogosian, they hardly need another one.

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

(considering the Hall trade setting the price for proven d)

You do remember that Edmonton was the laughingstock of the league after that deal was made, right?

Remember how literally everybody said they got absolutely fleeced?

That wasn't "setting the market". That was Edmonton getting raped by New Jersey because they were absolutely desperate for defensive depth.

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

You do remember that Edmonton was the laughingstock of the league after that deal was made, right?

Remember how literally everybody said they got absolutely fleeced?

That wasn't "setting the market". That was Edmonton getting raped by New Jersey because they were absolutely desperate for defensive depth.

Just so long as the Oilers lose the trade, I'm happy:)

Archived