The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blues

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Tanev looks tired, hes been worked in his corner for most of the season (for however long hes been healthy).  With the ice tilted towards him most nights hes had to block shots and take a beating in the corners. Poor puck possession team = more beatings, more blocked shots = more injuries.

I'm afraid his body will start give out if it hasn't already. A player can come back from injuries only so many times before his game begins to suffer because of it. I see more of Tanev making poor decisions with the puck and Edler-esque giveaways as seasons pass.

Yet Willie put Tanev in the 1st pp unit to play catch with Edler at the point while Sedins doing just that between themselves. And Sutter... never mind.

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Please send Goldobin down.........he's not going to gain anything floating around for 9 more games.  Get him to Utica where the games are high intensity and he can be an impact player.  Start fresh in Van in September.

as much as i see where you are coming from on this, I would disagree. This is the perfect time to let him get his feet wet in the NHL, Our season is over the games are meaningless and he is expected to be a scoring forward for us, Give him 15+ mins a night and let him learn. We have nothing to lose except more games which actually helps us at this point.

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

It's all on Tryamkin not stepping up to hit Paajarvi, Brodziak, Pietrangelo, Blues mascot and the cross-eyed referee.

Gee, seems like after those comments by WD, Tryamkin has started playing more physically, with more sandpaper.  Maybe WD does know how to motivate people.  Seems like the threat to send him down to Utica is what got Tryamkin serious about his training, and when WD tells the media he wants to Tryamkin to play more physically, bang, he plays tougher.  It seems like it's something CDC has wanted, and even expected all season.  I'm sure the coaches and management have also been wondering how they could get that to happen.  It appears that Tryamkin might be hard to motivate, since WD has not been so public about any other player.  Maybe Tryankin's agent or Tryamkin himself are concerned about being embarrassed in the media, and that's the way that WD has found to motivate him.  He would not be the first player for that to be true.  Maybe all you WD haters should reassess, because this seems like a good piece of coaching.

I looked at the disputed goalseveral times as impartial as I could and I think they got it right. If it was the Canucks who scored and a winger was breaking the plane of the blue line as the puck was actually in the blue paint of the blue line we would be pissed if it got overturned. The goal didn't matter anyway.

3 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Gee, seems like after those comments by WD, Tryamkin has started playing more physically, with more sandpaper.  Maybe WD does know how to motivate people.  Seems like the threat to send him down to Utica is what got Tryamkin serious about his training, and when WD tells the media he wants to Tryamkin to play more physically, bang, he plays tougher.  It seems like it's something CDC has wanted, and even expected all season.  I'm sure the coaches and management have also been wondering how they could get that to happen.  It appears that Tryamkin might be hard to motivate, since WD has not been so public about any other player.  Maybe Tryankin's agent or Tryamkin himself are concerned about being embarrassed in the media, and that's the way that WD has found to motivate him.  He would not be the first player for that to be true.  Maybe all you WD haters should reassess, because this seems like a good piece of coaching.

You mean it has nothing to do with Willie calling Tryamkin out in public on the media?

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Canucks have officially been eliminated from playoff contention.

Yup, 18 pts. back of the final wild card spot with 9 games left to play and with the tiebreaker against them. The Canucks are on pace to get exactly the same number of points as last year (75) but, with a tougher schedule, are likely to do worse than last year. And they are on target to break last years record for fewest goals ever scored by a Canuck team. They got 191 last year and are on pace of 187 this year. It has been a tough season. I also think they set a record for games played by replacement level players (i.e. the kind of guys who can always be picked up if needed -- through waivers, PTOs, call-ups from the AHL, coming back from Europe, etc.I have been critical of Benning but, in fairness, the Canucks have had more than their share of key injuries (again). 

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Tram was a beast

He was good again tonight. Maybe the biggest positive surprise spot of the season.

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Horvat has been a pleasure to watch this season.

If Tryamkin wasn't the biggest bright spot, then Horvat was, although his quality of play is not a huge surprise (although he has already reached or exceeded what most draft commentators had as his ceiling when he was drafted).

The other big positive was Stecher, although he has struggled a bit toward the end of the season.

Ok, to help with some of your depression....

Our top prospects are in action Tomorrow in some big games.

1. Olli Juolevi's Knights vs Spitfires tomorrow on Sportsnet360 at 4:30

2. Jake, Demko and Co face Albany at 4pm in their drive to make the playoffs 

Listen to it here:

http://syracuse.krock.com/pages/utica-comets-on-krock/

3. Brock Boeser and UND take on Boston University in the NCAA west region semifinal (1:20 central = 11:20 pacific im assuming?)

Listen to it here (you have to subscribe to listen for free....no big deal enter your email etc)

http://www.undsports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=58682&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&db_oem_id=13500

Edit: the wife just saw this, threatened me with divorce papers if I have 2 radio streams and the tv going on at once.

5 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Ok, to help with some of your depression....

Our top prospects are in action Tomorrow in some big games.

1. Olli Juolevi's Knights vs Spitfires tomorrow on Sportsnet360 at 3:30

2. Jake, Demko and Co face Albany at 4pm in their drive to make the playoffs 

Listen to it here:

http://syracuse.krock.com/pages/utica-comets-on-krock/

3. Brock Boeser and UND take on Boston University in the NCAA west region semifinal (1:20 central = 3:30 pacific im assuming?)

Listen to it here (you have to subscribe to listen for free....no big deal enter your email etc)

http://www.undsports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=58682&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&db_oem_id=13500

Edit: the wife just saw this, threatened me with divorce papers if I have 2 radio streams and the tv going on at once.

She obviously doesn't appreciate your ability to multi-task.

Just now, redhdlois said:

She obviously doesn't appreciate your ability to multi-task.

The funny thing is the year we started dating was the year of the hockey lockout, she had no clue what she was getting herself into! lol...

Archived