The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Blues

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Ok, to help with some of your depression....

Our top prospects are in action Tomorrow in some big games.

1. Olli Juolevi's Knights vs Spitfires tomorrow on Sportsnet360 at 3:30

2. Jake, Demko and Co face Albany at 4pm in their drive to make the playoffs 

Listen to it here:

http://syracuse.krock.com/pages/utica-comets-on-krock/

3. Brock Boeser and UND take on Boston University in the NCAA west region semifinal (1:20 central = 3:30 pacific im assuming?)

Listen to it here (you have to subscribe to listen for free....no big deal enter your email etc)

http://www.undsports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=58682&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&db_oem_id=13500

Edit: the wife just saw this, threatened me with divorce papers if I have 2 radio streams and the tv going on at once.

Ok honey, it's been a good run up till this point... 

OK is it just me or does this seem like one of those really weird years where the league doesn't make sense and the unexpected happens.

Like when Jim Carey won the Vezina in 95 or Cheechoo winning the Rocket Richard or the Canes winning the cup.

Marchand in tight for the scoring race, Kucherov in tight for the richard, Columbus a cup favorite, Backstrom in a run for the Selke, Talbot in the running for a frigging Vezina in EDMONTON

Seriously this just seems like one of those weird years in the NHL where literally anything could and has happened.

So much so that Methot can't even shake a pinkie at it

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

OK is it just me or does this seem like one of those really weird years where the league doesn't make sense and the unexpected happens.

Like when Jim Carey won the Vezina in 95 or Cheechoo winning the Rocket Richard or the Canes winning the cup.

Marchand in tight for the scoring race, Kucherov in tight for the richard, Columbus a cup favorite, Backstrom in a run for the Selke, Talbot in the running for a frigging Vezina in EDMONTON

Seriously this just seems like one of those weird years in the NHL where literally anything could and has happened.

whats with crosby and the stick work lately gave o'rielly a nut shot the other night. anyone else besides mcdavid and the league would be looking into, or you would think they would.

1 hour ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

as much as i see where you are coming from on this, I would disagree. This is the perfect time to let him get his feet wet in the NHL, Our season is over the games are meaningless and he is expected to be a scoring forward for us, Give him 15+ mins a night and let him learn. We have nothing to lose except more games which actually helps us at this point.

I want the young guys hungry and intense, playing for something.  I know he's sick, but did he look like he cared about the game much tonight? Do you honestly see his effort improving in nothing games?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Somebody really misinterpreted Bettman's memo or the rapture is coming. Pretty sure its one of the two. 

Try was a gamer tonight. Biega had the best hit of the game. Great to see, Labate didn't back down also good to see.

Try reall should be put in the PP as a net front presence...poor Hank was getting bounced around in front. Once he was put square on his rear end...not good. 

Power play flower play. 

just passing it around like giddy shy girls again

so cute

2 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Ok, to help with some of your depression....

Our top prospects are in action Tomorrow in some big games.

1. Olli Juolevi's Knights vs Spitfires tomorrow on Sportsnet360 at 3:30

2. Jake, Demko and Co face Albany at 4pm in their drive to make the playoffs 

Listen to it here:

http://syracuse.krock.com/pages/utica-comets-on-krock/

3. Brock Boeser and UND take on Boston University in the NCAA west region semifinal (1:20 central = 3:30 pacific im assuming?)

Listen to it here (you have to subscribe to listen for free....no big deal enter your email etc)

http://www.undsports.com/liveEvents/liveEvents.dbml?SPSID=58682&SPID=6405&DB_LANG=C&db_oem_id=13500

Edit: the wife just saw this, threatened me with divorce papers if I have 2 radio streams and the tv going on at once.

It's actually 2 hours the other way. 11:20am PST

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Agree on the individual performances, though things change fast in sports. 

As far as individual teams, other than Tampa & Columbus.  Standings seem pretty consistent with preseason predictions.

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Kucherov not suprising -the guy has oodles of talent and it had already shown itself over many years, he's just now emerging from star to potential superstar - playing in Tampa has not gotten him he same media attention. If he was in Toronto, NY or LA you'd hear alot more about him - plus always over shadowed by Stamkos - Now that Stamkos has been out for so long we're seeing what he's made of.

Talbot - ya a surprise, I didn't think he was that good but good on Edmonton for taking the chance on him given he didn't have much of a track record in NYC- but I certainly never thought he was like a Schineder situation where you KNEW he was a number 1 in waiting - I don't think Edmonton even knew and I still would want to see him do this year in year out to be considered a legit top goalie. One year can mean nothing - look at Carey as you said, and history is littered with one year wonders in net.

Marchand - a surprise and not - he's been getting better every year, always had skill but it was muffled by his antics, and his time in the box. His world cup participation seems to have helped spur a great season. While I don't think he's going to be consistently top 10 in scoring he's going to have a number of years top 25 i'd say

Columbus - yes

Backstrom - always been a very good defensive player (underrated) - You can't play with Ovie and not cover up for him!

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

Yea man Reaves has a huge set for sure.

talking about labate to stand up to that guy - shows the kid has a big pair....not many players in the league are willing to do that, and we lack even the 'willingness' on the team

Kudos to Labate for not backing down

Archived