The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | March 25th, 2017 | 11 AM | Sportsnet Pacific | The "Whose Canucks Are These Anyway?" Edition

Cramarossa

But first, an announcement:

We're done. Kaput. Finished. Nada. We're toast.

Now that that's out of the way let's get this GDT started!

Slide1.jpg.f689a45bfca1891033b7e1fef31e73b6.jpgSlide2.jpg.bff9f704d4f7f158207f4082db71937d.jpg

Let's play the game! This one's called "party quirks", and everyone gets to play a character!

Slide3.jpg.52ed5ec56778e37f75a68f0910526254.jpg

(Touchy French Canadian teen who gets increasingly aggressive at people who laugh at him)

Slide4.jpg.39578b8c057cf8ccb86d22ca14300b19.jpg

(All the characters in a gay western)

Slide5.jpg.97672e249c5bb3394d11929a40256beb.jpg

(Fiery male Russian ballet dancer)

Slide6.jpg.f84689ab28928b11b25044e97f0fc992.jpg

(Goofy guy desperately trying to act street)

Slide7.jpg.039d59d47f9ab996864d850f030ba4b1.jpg

(Turning into the incredible hulk)

IMG_20170325_104429.thumb.jpg.a416fbb9891db5a39b1c8d74edcfb0fe.jpg

I invested a nonzero amount of effort in this GDT. Forgive me if I'm feeling a little down in the dumps with where the team is at. Nonetheless we must persist! I'm predicting a big Canucks WIN! 3-2, goals by Baer, Bo, Skille, the evil Granlund, and Niederreiter. 

This game is an EARLY one, please note the 11am start time! I'll update lines later. Who really cares about who Minny has playing anyway? Or even our team, for that matter? Not me!

Go, Canucks, go! :towel:

2 minutes ago, Hectic said:

I wish this game was tonight - based on this GDT I feel like we could make some sort of drinking game out of it...

Sip your beer when Bo tries a toe drag?

Take a shot whenever a play dies on Megna's stick??

Shotgun your beer when you realize a youngster (Boucher, Goldy) has been benched and will be for the rest of the game??!

JeezI feel a bit woozy already!

2 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Sip your beer when Bo tries a toe drag?

Take a shot whenever a play dies on Megna's stick??

Shotgun your beer when you realize a youngster (Boucher, Goldy) has been benched and will be for the rest of the game??!

JeezI feel a bit woozy already!

This is the funnest form of population control.

All of CDC will die.

Based on each team's respective remaining schedules, I suspect we have a good chance of passing NJ for 28th, but Arizona at 29th is going to be a real chore. Arizona is going to have to play well above their level to beat the teams they have left - their schedule is harder than ours. 

I have faith though. I believe that this team can lose.

You keep out doing yourself with the GDT - nice

Won't be able to watch the game - I'll get the information on here when I get back tomorrow night

Hope someone stays sober  so this thread makes sense - if not - it won't matter anyway

Go young canucks go

People complain about the 11am start time but seriously....it's 2017, who doesn't own a PVR? Even at the regular start times I'm usually half an hour behind just so I can flip through the commercials. 

Anyways, Goldy...Goldy....GOLDY! I just wanna see this kid play. Same with Boucher. I think we need to get a real look at those 2 guys before the end of the year. Who cares if they make a few bad plays defensively. I could care less about the W. I just want these young guys to get big minutes. I really don't care about anything else. 

Side note - Tryamkim needs to learn how to channel his inner a$$hole. Does that sound weird? I think it does...but you know what I mean. He's too nice. He needs to get fired the F up. How does WD consistantly light a fire under him? As stupid as those Boston comments sounded, maybe that's what he needs, tough love. He'd be our best defenseman if he turned into a mean SOB. 

WD is going to play Danny 30 mins a night balance of the season to try and get him to his 1000 points.

Then the Twins will announce their retirement, pass the C to Bo and free 2 expansion draft protection slots to keep Megna and Skille.

36 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Side note - Tryamkim needs to learn how to channel his inner a$$hole. Does that sound weird? I think it does...but you know what I mean. He's too nice. He needs to get fired the F up. How does WD consistantly light a fire under him? As stupid as those Boston comments sounded, maybe that's what he needs, tough love. He'd be our best defenseman if he turned into a mean SOB. 

He's taking demeanor lessons from Edler... when Canucks drafted Tram, the Eagle became his role model.

2 hours ago, Fateless said:

Based on each team's respective remaining schedules, I suspect we have a good chance of passing NJ for 28th, but Arizona at 29th is going to be a real chore. Arizona is going to have to play well above their level to beat the teams they have left - their schedule is harder than ours. 

I have faith though. I believe that this team can lose.

Yeah I feel you. And the issue with teams near the bottom, is the basically every game is a hard one.  We can't expect much help from Devils or Coyotes.

Archived